Principal Infrastructure Architect - IAM
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Leads infrastructure strategy, design, implementation and operation using a cross-team multidisciplinary approach. Reviews market trends, and works with business and technology teams to identify system requirements and business processes in order to develop infrastructure solutions to meet business needs. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Use a cross-team multidisciplinary approach to document business and system requirements and develop system designs to meet business needs.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems. Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Comprehensive knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Acts as a technical lead for other team members and projects.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains required certifications identified by industry and equipment vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Documents and publishes technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Last level problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.