Principal HR Business Partner
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1.
Job Description Summary
This is a key role within Bank of the West’s HR team responsible for providing strategic HR consultation resulting in comprehensive human capital strategies and metrics for complex functions. This HRBP will provide expert consulting with the line of businesses executive leaders on all HR related functions including, Compensation, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and Learning & Development among other areas. This role will be accountable for building best practice HR framework utilizing corporate values in partnership with senior executives.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with executives to build leadership and team effectiveness strategies and practices throughout the organization.
- Work with leaders to anticipate opportunities to influence and lead change that will improve individual, team and enterprise performance.
- Use understanding of business goals to consult with executives and act as a strategic partner in the identification of needs, opportunities, solutions and risks relating to HR programs and services, workforce productivity and engagement, organizational design and performance, talent management, team member retention, and diversity and inclusion.
- Develop strong understanding of the business and use metrics to help make data-informed decisions, build the business case for HR programs and HR strategy with business goals.
- Partner across HR on human capital strategies aligning with HR initiatives as appropriate.
- Build relationships of trust and have a clear point of view informed by own insights, business acumen, best practices, and industry trends.
- Embrace the HR Operating Model by proactively and effectively collaborating with internal partners to positively influence outcomes. Experience in consulting with executive management in the design, development, and execution of human resources strategies and initiatives, including talent management, succession planning, recruitment, learning and development and performance management.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience in Human Resources, preferably with specific experience in leading/advising on Organizational Development, Performance and Talent Management.
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational design
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to strategically analyze data and diagnose opportunities and interventions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience creating and executing human capital plans that align with business objectives
- Change leadership experience
- Experience working with subject matter experts within multiple human resources disciplines such as talent development, talent management, compensation, talent acquisition, performance management, diversity, or employee relations
- Experience consulting, influencing and partnering with business executives, leadership, human resources partners and peers
- Experience providing executive coaching to senior leaders
- Experience with developing and consulting on succession planning, team member engagement and retention strategies
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.