At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Technology Lifecycle Management Architect will design and
implement a robust TLM program and APM practice for Bank of the
West. This role will be responsible for the technology modernization and
application rationalization roadmap, coordinating with business and technology
stakeholders to determine how to reduce complexity and technology debt, while
leveraging our technology modernization roadmap for business objectives,
improving and managing the financial TCO of our technology stack, activities to
reduce the TCO (application rationalization, etc.), and developing governance
practices and presentation material needed to participate in effectively
communicate the TLM status and progress to Senior Management.
- Develop Application Portfolio Model for optimization of usage, reduction of technology debt and inputs to strategic roadmaps.
- Own and operate Application Rationalization Continuum providing Technology, Business, Security and Cost perspectives.
- Participates in the planning process for future development and growth of the business.
- Participate in proposals for major capital expenditures.
- Ensure conformity of technology investments to corporate strategy, and the economic feasibility of recommendations. Proposals include hardware, software consulting services, etc.
- Provide technology expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule investigation, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations or proposed technology-based products and services to determine cost, benefit and applicability.
- Works with the executives of business units to coordinate the prioritization of application software projects. Develops cross system impact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
- Participates with all areas on information systems to design and maintain overall application software and system's architecture.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and be very proactive in approach.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present to large groups and to executive management
- Skilled facilitator, with the ability to effectively manage discussions toward outcomes and results
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of management within and outside of Technology
- Experience of working seamlessly under various SDLC methodologies, i.e. Waterfall, Agile, Scaled Agile etc.
- Experience with Systems and Application development, including Design, Development, Deployment and Support.
- Experience with Integration technology and architecture patterns such as EAI, SOA, API, & Microservices
- Experience with Cloud Technologies and Delivery Models
- Experience with Big Data and Big Data adoption patterns
- Experience with Architecture Governance, Guidelines and Patterns
- 10+ Years of Technology Experience is a must
- 5+ years of Architecture Experience is a must
- Experience in Banking, i.e. one or more area amongst Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, Digital Banking, would be highly desirable
- Experience in providing Solutions for Enterprise Functions, i.e.HR, Legal, Finance, Procurement etc., would be highly desirable
- Hands-on Enterprise architecture experience (TOGAF Certifications, Zachman models, Oracle EAF etc.)
- Direct or indirect Business Architecture Experience
- Direct or indirect Experience in Technology Lifecycle Management, Application Portfolio Management, Technology Debt Reduction
- Familiarity with Robotic Process Automation, Chat-Bots, AI, Machine Learning etc.
- Familiarity with Information Technology infrastructure
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations