At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the development and review of business, functional, and data requirements. Develops and oversees a variety of highly complex business requirements. Gathers and reviews data analysis in support of regulatory and management reporting activities. Serves as a senior subject matter expert on data flows across various product domains.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the review of business and functional requirements. Coaches team members in all aspects of project requirements.
- Will have an overall responsibility to provide decision support and analysis to senior management through to Executive level by working across departments and functions to support business decision making, business priority-setting, provide internal analytics capability to enhance operational results and positively influence business outcomes.
- Facilitate strong working relationships with key stakeholders to support collaboration, the exchange of information and issues management to build on existing relationships and influence outcomes.
- Responsible for relaying information to both business and technology teams in easily understood terms.
- Acts as the senior "Subject Matter Expert" (SME).
Other Job Duties
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write user stories, manage scrum calls, and prioritize backlog.
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Developers to compose requirements.
- Primary liaison between the customer and the project team.
- May assist in the facilitation of agile ceremonies, e.g., product backlog refinement, preplanning, planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires expert knowledge of job areas typically obtained through higher level education combined with work experience.
- Known as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires at least 7 years of Agile experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills for documenting necessary processes, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and project documentation as required.
- Superior understanding of application principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Proven ability to use data analytics to solve complex problems.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Must have superior organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment.
- Proven ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.