Job Title: Principal Application Architect
Location: Solihull or Belfast Hybrid role
Hours: Permanent-Full Time
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we’re part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We’re here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave and we own it.
As a software Principal Application Architect, you will work with other Application Architects, business teams, clients and PF UK IT team, providing software design and documentation for delivery in line with the BNPP PF UK Enterprise Architecture roadmap. These will follow guidelines and principals and best practise for the Software Development Lifecycle. This will include Software High level and Low level designs as well as contribution to the BNPP PF UK EA group architecture tooling, ensuring the designs are in line with standards, best practises, architecture roadmaps and the delivery of the strategic IT Applications roadmap. This role also involves the management of an Application Architect.
- Ensure all project technical solutions are fully documented and aligned to BNPP group standards. These documented designs should be handed over to the Delivery Manager, Senior Team Leads/Senior Developers to deliver internally or with external resources.
- Work with Head of Application Architecture, Principal Application Architect, Application Architects and PF UK EA Team to align with PF-UK group Architecture documentation (PSD)
- Provide conceptual High level design and guidance on High level estimates for project delivery for investment mandates prior to project initiation.
- Responsible for developing and documenting high Level Software design for BNPP-PF current and future web applications and design a structure that is stable, resilient and performant. This will include modelling using UML, Archimate etc.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure the High level software design is in line with the Strategic IT Enterprise Architecture roadmap.
- Responsible for the end to end Low Level Design and documentation of strategic new projects before they progress. Working in partnership with Infrastructure, Architecture, Operations and development to drive and agree the best solution for our business.
- Ensuring coding standards are being followed. Make recommendations/suggest changes and peer reviewing on a regular basis – this will include low-level Solution review as part of the Agile Iteration delivery.
- Ensure the development and delivery of web applications that comply with Group Security Standards.
- Ensure all technical web projects are in line with group guidelines
- Ensure the construction teams have the full design and documentation to deliver the software components and that they are reviewed to ensure the design and delivery are in line.
- Ensure all designs from Application Architects align with the Applicative Architecture roadmap and that all applications has a strategy, roadmap, obsolescence, upgrade path as part of the strategic roadmap
- As Principal Application Architect, you will be responsible but not limited to one or the other of the UI and API software design, roadmap and delivery within BNPP PF UK.
- Manage and co-ordinate designs with the Application Architects
- Ensure relevant knowledge transfer for the Application Architects in terms of BNPP PF UK applications, design patterns and principals.
- Manage a team of Application architects ensuring designs are consistent and adhere to group guidelines.
- Strong project leadership skills
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Well spoken and articulate
- Self motivated
- Flexible – able to fit in with business needs
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment with frequent changes.
- Ability to multi-task without getting fazed.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Modelling – Visio, Sequence diagrams, UML, Archimate
Strong knowledge in the following areas
- .Net Core
- Web Services/WCF
- SQL Server
- Architecture Design Patterns incl DDD, Event Driven
- Software design patterns
- Strong API design & experience in implementing
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customer’s lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.