At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The IT Risk & Process Strategy Lead provides instrumental guidance in creating and maintaining value for customers through better design and operation of services. It combines principles, practices, and methods from Quality Management, Change Management and Capability improvement. Organizations learn to realize incremental and large-scale improvements in service quality, operational efficiency, audit and compliance adherence and business continuity. Guidance is provided by linking improvement efforts and outcomes with service Strategy, Design, Operations and Transition.
You will works with process leads and technical, compliance and audit teams. You will identify and coordinate delivery of Continual Service Improvement Service Delivery Lifecycle and look for opportunities to improve the performance and compliance of services to deliver enhanced value to the business.
- Direct the IT teams in the collection of audit artifacts to support successful completion of any Audit findings
- Create reports and analyze performance trends to identify potential improvement areas and/or performance deficiencies
- Direct IT teams in the collection of Audit artifacts to support successful completion of any audit findings that are assessed
- Head up Audit meetings with the respective teams
- Provide analytical insight into return on investment, cost optimization, cost reduction or other value creation initiatives to enable prioritization of effort
- Understand the scope and relevant attributes of all current Service Levels and KPIs, and have demonstrated knowledge of defining new metrics
- Ensure that risks and issues related to Services are recorded, tracked, assessed and escalated as necessary
- Communicate the vision of Continuous Service Improvement across the organization
- Build strong working relationship with TPMO, Audit (FLOD, SLOD and IG), Compliance, Service Owners and Service Level Manager to define the monitoring requirements, identify and prioritize improvement opportunities and establish Service Improvement Plans (SIPs)
- Identify frameworks, models and standards that will support Continuous Service Improvement activities
- Present improvement recommendations to senior management
- Create and report on performance metrics for service delivery to identify areas requiring improvement
- Monitor practices and processes to guide the implementation of compliance and improvement strategies improvement
- Utilize available information, metrics and evaluations to develop recommendations for change. Provide input on internal processes to assist with service improvement initiatives and necessary Compliance and Audit requirements
- Conduct and report on quality control audits
- Identify risks to successful achievement of goals, and take appropriate steps to mitigate those risks
- Interact with Senior Executive Level Management
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of ITIL Practices
- 5-7 years working experience in Service Management desirable
- Experience driving process improvement within IT Risk
- Knowledge of Network/Security/Voice and Datacenter preferred
- Technology Process Improvement experience desirable
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend new approaches
- Evaluate change program, analyze processes and recommend new approaches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of IT Operational Risk
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.