At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Seeking experienced Principle Data Analytics Analyst to be both a lead and individual contributor within the Enterprise Data Management & Solutions Platform Systems Analytic Team. This team aims to provide Data Analytics Analysts that are subject matter experts in the how all of the data across the enterprise stitches together (across functions and lines of business), the go-to team for all the tougher analytic exercises required. Team members will be assigned to various strategic and/or merger projects across the bank, to bring SME and data analytics skills, to support those enterprise level efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Writing SQL (must have SQL writing skillset)
- Writing / scripting SQL prototypes to achieve an outcome
- Data mapping / data analysis / investigation / root cause analysis
- Data reporting / extracts / pivots
- Interpreting data into actionable next steps given target income
- Present findings in presentations in all levels of management
- Prepares data requirements / data use cases / etc. to support build out of automated processes to achieve target outcome.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of job area typically obtained through higher level education combined with work experience.
- Requires 10 - 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires 5+ years of SQL (MS SQL, Oracle, or Teradata)
- Requires 5+ years of experience with relational databases, data marts, etc.
- Requires 5+ years of reporting experience (with any of the following: Access, Power BI, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, Business Objects, etc.)
- Requires advanced Microsoft Excel skills (graphing, pivot tables, slicing, etc.)
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in banking and good business knowledge and familiarity with consumer/small business/commercial banking products
- Bachelor’s Degree-required (in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree)
- Must be highly detailed oriented. Must enjoy being immersed in ‘data’ and enjoy digging and tracing data for answers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong execution / ‘get it done’ skills with the ability to prioritize deliverables.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Keen eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding on ‘data controls’, documentation, and implementation techniques.
- Possesses managerial interest and a leadership orientation (this role is expected to become a lead for a small team).
- Strong understanding of financial industry and risk management.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA and Tempe, AZ). Seeking candidate that can participate in Bank of the West ‘Flex’ program, whereby employees are expected to be in the office up to 2 days a week to participate in team related activities.
Annual Hiring Range
$180k - $224k
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for an annucal incentive.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.