As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
- You will join a global technology team based onshore and offshore, delivering strategic functional enhancements for the Prime Services business Inventory Management and pre-trade platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with colleagues locally and globally to build and deliver new business functionality to support the objectives of the Prime Services' Business. The role will be predominantly focused on building and developing our real time inventory management platform, and requires a strong technical skillset along with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
- The candidate will need to work closely with the business and business analysts to help to design, deliver components supporting the future state architecture. The candidate will need to be very delivery focused and have a ‘hands on’ approach in order to meet the business’s high expectations.
- To be considered for this role a strong technical skillset (particularly Java and streaming based microservice architectures) is a must. Prior knowledge of Prime Services, Inventory Management and Equity Trading flows is a strong advantage but candidates will be considered across a range of backgrounds
- The role is Hong Kong based but will involve working with colleagues based in our business and development hubs globally
• Responsible for working as part of a global team to deliver software supporting the Prime Services Trading business, which incorporates Pre trade systems, Inventory Management, Risk and Synthetic Equities
• Work closely with IT peers to integrate Prime Trading with the wider Equity Trading platform.
• Provide 3rd level support where required and work to ensure front line support are trained to support the systems.
• Regular interaction with business lines and business analysts to understand requirements and drive solutions
• Provide timely updates on development progress and escalate issues/blockers
• Propose and deliver architectural / system technical design improvements where appropriate as part of functional delivery
• Perform peer review of code of other developers within the team, regionally and globally
• Contribute to the overall improvement and strategic of the platform through suggesting & implementing technical improvements, along with improvements to development lifecycle & IT process
• Willing to go the extra mile when required to meet tight deadlines
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Experience developing Securities Lending / Synthetic Trading systems or experience in Equity Trading is a advantage
• Knowledge of other Equity trading system (Delta One, Market making, Cash Execution) is an advantage
• Prior Java experience is a must, with other languages an advantage
• Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Perl…) is an advantage
• Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Prior experience with streaming technologies and microservice based architectures is a strong advantage
• Experience working with Container based environments (Docker, Kubernetes) is an advantage
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and pipelines (Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible…)
• Familiarity with Jira and working in an agile methodology
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Undergraduate University Degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.