Mid-Large Cap Coverage
Hamburg Full-time starting February 2023
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking is a bridge between large multinationals and mid-sized companies with international business activities (Corporates) and institutional investors and financial service providers (Institutionals). The division is a leading provider of sustainable financing and investment solutions. More than 35,000 employees worldwide serve around 18,000 corporates and institutions in 56 countries. In Germany, around 800 employees work for our clients.
The EMEA Coverage Group plays a fundamental role within the Corporate Coverage by assuming a key role on three dimensions: a strong commercial focus, analytical credit expertise and global regulatory framework coordination. By covering a large range of topics of the whole client relationship, the EMEA Coverage Group is achieving a high valued skillset in all Corporate Banking and Investment Banking dimensions. On commercial side, you are developing and working on solutions for our corporate clients alongside the Senior Bankers and building up on these Strategic Business Opportunities to enhance the client relationship and our profitability. As the biggest European Bank in Europe, we are supporting our clients with their projects and investments in each angle of the world. As one of the most sustainable banks in Europe, we are on the front line to support our clients when it comes to ESG challenges. Thus, we have a strong focus on Sustainability and ESG topics. Be part of our successful journey and become part of our highly motivated and dynamic team!
Challenges that let you grow:
- Support the Bankers & Associates in the overall development and advisory of our existing clients and prospects
- Research for and preparation of client meetings – including C-level pitches
- Gain insights in corporate and investment banking products and support to find solutions for the needs of our clients – e.g. Cash Management, Global Trade Solutions, Risk Management, Working Capital/Supply Chain Management, Syndicated Loan and Project Financing, Asset backed Security Programs, Equity and Debt Capital Markets, M&A and Private Placement
- Prepare and evaluate business opportunities by analyzing the client`s business risk (e.g. business model and competitor analysis), market risk and financial risk, jointly with our industry specialists and with the help of our senior credit analysts
- Support to coordinate with BNPP specialists all over the world to identify new business opportunities
- Screen the Northern-Germany start-up landscape to identify the next hidden champions
Skills that convince:
- Studies of economics or comparable academic education, alternatively an apprenticeship plus further educational background in banking
- Good commercial awareness and basic knowledge in Investment & Wholesale Banking
- Professional experience in an international set-up
- Outstanding analytical and financial skillset
- Well-structured working organization with a good time management
- Ability to collaborate and willingness to work in a team
- High openness to take early responsibility by results driven & client focused working attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
- Very good oral & written communication skills in German & English
What we offer:
- Modern working environment in the city centre of Hamburg, with a nice view on the Alster, including work laptop for flexible working
- Building (inter)national networks and career prospects within the BNP Paribas Group
- Gain deep insights in the Corporate Banking landscape and become part of a highly motivated and experienced team
- Fresh fruits and drinks (e.g. LemonAid, VivaConAqua, Coffee and Tea)
BNP Paribas has committed to the sustainable and forward-looking design of society. Ethical principles, risk awareness and responsibility are the foundations of our day-to-day action. The BNP Paribas Group has set itself the goal of raising awareness, motivating and activating its stakeholders, particularly employees, partners and shareholders, as well as the society on sustainable issues. The Commitment to Diversity has confirmed BNP Paribas with the signing of the Diversity Charter in 2017 and is part of the JamaisSansElles initiative, which promotes women's visibility.
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with international reach. It has more than 193,000 employees in 68 countries, almost 147,000 of them in Europe. In Germany, the BNP Paribas Group has been active since 1947 and has successfully positioned itself in the market with 12 business units. Private clients, companies and institutional clients are supervised by around 6,000 employees nationwide in all relevant economic regions. BNP Paribas’s broad range of products and services corresponds to an innovative universal bank.
Would you like to help shape a changing world?
Then go with us the next step and apply now via the application button.
COVID-19-Update: The safety and well-being of our candidates and our employees have the highest priority. Therefore the first interviews will be conducted virtually.