Role Description and purpose
For our Portfolio Monitoring and Modelling team we are looking for a Portfolio Modeller with strong communication skills, an eye for detail and great analytical and programming skills. You will be working for one of the world’s major financial institutions and a key player in sustainable and responsible investing.
The Portfolio Monitoring and Modelling team is part of the Portfolio Management team that manages a variety of institutional clients (like pension funds, insurance companies and corporates) and is specialized in liability-driven asset management and risk-overlay strategies. The Portfolio Monitoring and Modelling team is responsible for the (risk) monitoring of all the client portfolios using proprietary models, which are also developed by the team.
As Portfolio Modeller your focus will be on the maintenance and development of all the proprietary models. Those will be used by the Portfolio Managers and Data Managers for portfolio construction, trade generation, risk monitoring and reporting. If possible we will leverage on existing integrated risk systems, like BarraOne or Aladdin. It is important that you have good portfolio and risk management knowledge. You know how investment strategies work and you have a good understanding of the financial market and products.
The proprietary models developed will allow us to customize any portfolio modelling to take into account any specific agreements made with the client. As such you will be in close contact with the Portfolio Manager for all the details around the investment processes and obtain in-depth knowledge on this. Besides a correct model, another prerequisite to monitor portfolios and to report about the risk is to have the underlying data correct. You will be in close contact with the Data Managers within the team, who will be responsible to run all data processes correctly and timely and configure the client set up. You will also support both the Data and Portfolio Managers in the team to actively use the models and provide detailed understanding on the calculations done in the models and reports produced. Finally, you will be in close contact with IT to provide business requirements for all the data processing tools and databases used by the team (and which are developed by IT). This implies that in this role you have to work together with many different parties You are a true spider in the web, hence it is crucial that you are able to adapt your communication style to the different parties (and ‘speak their language’) in order to maximize your credibility and authority.
- Develop and maintain new and existing proprietary tools to be used in the existing Portfolio Management platform
- Support the Data Managers to make sure all the relevant data (and reports) for each client is correct and timely available
- Contribute to the design and implementation of concise (data) processes and (data) modelling required to use our proprietary tools
- Be knowledgeable and aware of the investment process(es), for each of our clients
- Keep open communication line with all the key stakeholders in Portfolio Management, Risk and IT
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have a academic level of thinking, Economics or Econometrics is preferred.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in (risk) modelling/programming as well as in data modelling.
- You have good knowledge of the financial theory, financial markets and financial products
- It’s preferred you are familiair with
- different programming or modelling languages, like AIMMS, VBA, SQL, Python
- integrated risk systems like BarraOne or Aladdin
- You have excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Dutch is preferred, French is beneficial
WHAT do We OFFER?
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
- Compettive compensation including 13th month and holiday allowance
- Participation in the descretionary bonus scheme
- A contribution to your pension
- Homeworking and commuting allowance
- 30 holidays per year and the possibility to buy holiday hours
- Great colleagues, informal and international and pleasant working atmosphere
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As part of the application procedure there is a Pre-Employment Screening (PES) and possible an assessment. A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behaviour and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.
HoW do yOU COnTACT US?
You can easily apply by uploading your CV and a short motivation. In case you have questions, you can contact Marcel Dubbeld, line manager (marcel.dubbeld [at] bnpparibas (dot) com) or Marieke Vogels, HR (marieke.vogels [at] bnpparibas (dot) com).
BNP Paribas Asset Management (‘BNPP AM’) is the investment arm of BNP Paribas, a leading banking group in Europe with international reach. BNPP AM aims to generate long-term sustainable investment returns for its clients, based on a unique sustainability-driven philosophy. BNPP AM’s investment capabilities are focused around five key strategies: High Conviction Strategies, Private Debt & Real Assets, Multi-Asset, Quantitative & Solutions (MAQS), Emerging markets and Liquidity Solutions, with investment processes incorporating quantitative and fundamental analysis.
Sustainability is embedded within BNPP AM’s strategy and investment decision-making. Among the leaders in thematic investment in Europe, BNPP AM contributes to the energy transition, environmental sustainability and the promotion of equality and inclusive growth. BNPP AM currently manages EUR 500 billion of assets (EUR 622 billion of assets under management and advisory) and benefits from the expertise of around 500 investment professionals and around 800 client servicing specialists, serving individual, corporate and institutional clients in 67 countries.
Source: BNPP AM, as at 30 June 2022