In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Portfolio Management and Insurance Solutions (PMIS), as a transversal department with dedicated teams across different regions, aims at ensuring fair and optimal allocation of financial resources in order to contribute to CIB value creation objective, through a neutral advisory role. It is also the reference point of contact in APAC for any transversal topic related to Credit Insurance in coordination with PMS - Insurance Team in Paris.
Portfolio Management and Insurance Solutions’ missions consist of:
• Provide Coverage and business lines with the relevant methodologies, metrics and guidelines to analyse return, check accuracy of figures and present the deals at origination,
• Monitor and provide ex-post reporting on the profitability of the APAC Client portfolio,
• Monitor the performance of Loan Book APAC and prepare the annual budget,
• Manage portfolio optimization initiatives (FRO) through insurance/securitization programs or any other initiative under the leadership of the Head of CB&A APAC.
• Coordinate with other Portfolio Management teams, PMS in Paris and PM AMERICAS as necessary.
• Act as a Single point of contact for all insurance requests for lending transactions (excluding trade) within CB&A APAC,
• Animate further the collaboration with Loans and Market Financing Syndicate APAC (LMFS ) team through proactive secondary loan sale recommendations and UW/ OtD reporting, Provide consolidated reporting for Loan Sales, Credit Insurance and Securitization initiatives to CB&A APAC Head,
• Any other requests from CB&A APAC Head.
Position based in Hong Kong with regional coverage, covering the Asia-Pacific territories. Reporting into the Regional Head of Portfolio Management & Insurance Solutions (PMIS APAC).
Key Internal Stakeholders
• Senior Management in APAC, including Head of Territories
• Coverage, Business lines, Performance Management, ALM Treasury, Credit Management, and Syndication teams
• Regional Portfolio Management teams in EMEA and Americas
Ex-ante screening at origination for Lending transactions within CB&A APAC scope
• Within CB&A APAC, contribute to maintain strict discipline at deal origination through close dialogues with Coverage/deal teams and drive preparation of profitability / return metrics as per the existing ex-ante screening governance (like Value Creation Committee process currently).
• Communicate changes and train Relationship Managers, Associates and Analysts on the RAROC tool, deal return metrics (like RoRWA) and Liquidity topics.
APAC Loan Book Business Management
• Ensure monitoring of APAC loan book P&L (revenues, liquidity costs)
• Prepare APAC Loan book annual budget and periodic forecasts in close coordination with the various Head of territories, Performance management and GCS teams in APAC
Optimization of CB&A APAC Financial Resources
• Insurance - Consolidate and analyze all new requests for submission to APAC CEO, co-ordinate execution of FRO batch, and monitor the existing stock of insured facilities.
• Coordinate closely with Syndications team to analyze secondary loan sale requests before presenting to APAC CEO for decision.
Ex-post Monitoring and Reporting
• Consolidated Analysis and monitoring of CB&A APAC portfolio by providing periodic dashboards to Senior Management on :
- APAC Client profitability on regional and territory level
- UW/OtD, CBFR and Secondary loan sales
- Existing stock of Insurance on lending transactions
- Other reports requested by Regional Management / CB&A APAC CEO
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
• Responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills:
• Strong analytical skills, with a good proficiency with numbers. Data crunching skills preferred.
• Agile in navigating databases. Good interpersonal and communication/presentation skills: must be able to liaise with different business lines and coverage, at all levels (from Analyst to Head of Country)
• Proficient in written and spoken English
Qualifications and Experience:
• University graduate, preferably majoring in Finance / Accounting or equivalent
• Minimum 4-6 years’ of working experience (prior knowledge/exposure to credit products appreciated)
• Reliable and accurate
• Proactive, initiative taker
• Team player
• Familiar with CIB business
• Experience in RAROC / Regulatory Capital modeling or ALM topics a plus