Portfolio Management (PM), as a transversal department with dedicated teams across different regions, aims at ensuring fair and optimal allocation of financial resources in order to contribute to CIB value creation objective, through a neutral advisory role.
Portfolio Management’s missions consist of:
- Provide Coverage and business lines with the relevant methodologies, metrics and guidelines to analyze return, check accuracy of figures and present the deals at origination,
- Monitor and provide ex-post reporting on the profitability of the APAC Client portfolio,
- Monitor the performance of Loan Book APAC and prepare the annual budget,
- Manage portfolio optimization initiatives (FRO) through insurance/securitization programs or any other initiative under the leadership of the Head of CB&A APAC.
- Coordinate with other Portfolio Management teams, PMS in Paris and PM AMERICAS as necessary.
- Act as a Single point of contact for all insurance requests for lending transactions (excluding trade) within CB&A APAC,
- Animate further the collaboration with Loans and Market Financing Syndicate APAC (LMFS ) team through proactive secondary loan sale recommendations and UW/OtD reporting,
- Provide consolidated reporting for Loan Sales, Credit Insurance and Securitization initiatives to CB&A APAC Head,
- Any other requests from CB&A APAC Head.
Position description and key responsibilities
Position based in Hong Kong with regional coverage, covering the Asia-Pacific territories. Reporting into the Regional Head of Portfolio Management (PM APAC).
Ex-ante screening at origination for Lending transactions within CB&A APAC scope
- Within CB&A APAC, contribute to maintain strict discipline at deal origination through close dialogues with Coverage/deal teams and drive preparation of profitability / return metrics as per the existing exante screening governance (like Value Creation Committee process currently).
- Communicate changes and train Relationship Managers, Associates and Analysts on the RAROC tool, deal return metrics (like RORWA) and Liquidity topics.
APAC Loan Book Business Management
- Ensure monitoring of APAC loan book P&L (revenues, liquidity costs)
- Prepare APAC Loan book annual budget and periodic forecasts in close coordination with the various Head of territories, Performance management and GCS teams in APAC
Optimization of CB&A APAC Financial Resources
- Insurance - Consolidate and analyze all new requests for submission to APAC CEO, co-ordinate execution of FRO batch, and monitor the existing stock of insured facilities.
- Coordinate closely with Syndications team to analyze secondary loan sale requests before presenting to APAC CEO for decision.
Ex-post Monitoring and Reporting
- Consolidated Analysis and monitoring of CB&A APAC portfolio by providing periodic dashboards to Senior Management on :
- APAC Client profitability on regional and territory level
- UW/OtD, CBFR and Secondary loan sales
- Existing stock of Insurance on lending transactions
- Other reports requested by Regional Management / CB&A APAC CEO
Core competencies / knowledge / experience required
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong analytical skills, with a good proficiency with numbers. Data crunching skills preferred.
- Agile in navigating databases. Good interpersonal and communication/presentation skills: must be able to liaise with different business lines and coverage, at all levels (from Analyst to Head of Country)
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Qualifications and Experience:
- University graduate, preferably majoring in Finance / Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2-5 years’ of working experience (prior knowledge/exposure to credit products appreciated)
- Reliable and accurate
- Proactive, initiative taker
- Team player
- Familiar with CIB business
- Experience in RAROC / Regulatory Capital modeling or ALM topics a plus