A rare opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute planner
to join our Rural Team in the Chester office. The Chester Team help private
rural estate owners in fulfilling their ambitions for their property through a
team that provides integrated management and professional property services.
This is primarily for private land owners in the Northwest of England and North
Planning and development is an important part in helping rural
estates evolve to meet the emerging needs of residents and businesses and re
purpose historic and traditional property with innovation and real care.
The role requires a chartered planner who has a passion for
rural property, enjoys engaging with a wide variety of people and can act with
calm determination. Projects will vary and include strategic planning
promotion, conversion schemes of different use types, new development for
residential, agricultural and employment uses.
- Assist the team in dealing with the planning issues arising from
the portfolio of client’s estates including residential, agricultural and
- Create and develop strong relationships with existing clients
and other potential sources of business on behalf of the firm.
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Undertake research and site appraisals identifying planning
issues and opportunities.
- Assist in the promotion of development opportunities through the
Local Development Framework including the submission of representations.
- Co-ordinate project teams and project management.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and to keep fully informed
about latest government planning policies and practice.
- Being a relied upon source of expertise for the Chester Team
(and others) and to provide ad-hoc town planning advice to clients and fellow
professional colleagues as and when instructed.
- Contributing positively to the overall development of Strutt
& Parker, including cross referrals to other departments.
- Has a fee earning target
- Is aware of the team target and the role
they play in achieving this
- Understands what generates revenue
and makes profit
Clients and Business
- Manages existing clients relationships at a senior
level on a day to day basis
- Can identify new business opportunities outside own
discipline and pass on
- Responsible for managing small instructions or
subsections of larger projects
- Works independently on most assignments but
receives guidance only on unusual issues
- Has broad knowledge of principles and practices of
- Enhances Strutt & Parker’s reputation through
- Builds own network within service lines
- Supervises teams on assignments
- Shares knowledge with/ provides information to
colleagues and team
- Mentors other junior
to degree level
- A Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Operating within a consultancy or within local government.
- Can deliver an excellent level of service to clients at all
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to operate in multidisciplined team
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-CheshireJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Personal Impact / Ability to influenceTransversal competency: Ability to develop others & improve their skillsReference: SP0385