In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The key mission of the PIC Compliance team is to ensure that BNP Paribas clients are offered products and services that truly meet their needs, and are provided with clear and accurate information on product features, costs and risks. To that purpose, the PIC domain is setting-up internal standards and keeping abreast with complex and fast-changing regulations designed to protect the clients’ interests.
As PIC Compliance Officer for CIB, your role will be to work with CIB business lines and their dedicated compliance teams and help them reinforcing the primacy of clients' interests in their practices to ensure they comply with the Bank’s standards and applicable regulations.
• Advise internal stakeholders on a daily basis and foster a compliance culture
• Analyze PIC related matters and provide advice to compliance and business partners to enable decision-making.
• Advise Business partners for the design of their desktop procedures & processes, as well as the appropriate controls.
• Contribute and / or participate to training on PIC topics and promote PIC culture and good practices.
• Contribute to the animation of the PIC Community of CIB Compliance officers across APAC
• Build relationship with business line compliance officers in charge of PIC across CIB entities and territories
• Advise on PIC matters and support the set-up of forum to encourage sharing of expertise and best practices among the Community
• Be involved in the monitoring of the deployment and the implementation of the PIC Compliance program for CIB in APAC
• Support the deployment and adaptation of the Group’s PIC policies and procedures across CIB entities/territories
• Contribute to the design and deployment of local policies/procedures to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements
• Advise internal stakeholders on PIC policies and procedures requirements & collaborate with them to embed these requirements in operational policies and processes
• Contribute to the enhancement of the PIC risk framework as well as the monitoring compliance risks
• Contribute to the PIC risk mapping to get a clear view of the PIC framework robustness especially by checking and challenging risk assessment performed by the 1st Line of Defense
• Collaborate with PIC experts of his/her community and other stakeholders to contribute to a consistent development of PIC framework
• Actively participate in Compliance reporting such as Risk Assessment, PIC control plans, key risk indicators.
• Recommend adjustments in terms of organization, conduct and practices whenever appropriate and follow-up through action plans
• Contribute where relevant to regulators requests or surveys with relevant internal stakeholders
• Develop up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the markets, clients and products of the business lines you cover
• Maintain an expertise on local regulations and regularly interact with Legal to get a clear vision of existing and new applicable norms
• Know and understand Business practices & activities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Ability to understand, explain and support change
• Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution
• Analytical Ability
• Knowledge and Experience in framework in addressing suitability/marketing material or other aspects on client interest protection
• Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
• Ability to deliver/Results driven
• Creativity & Innovation/Problem solving
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Knowledge and experience in Global Market Compliance would be an advantage