At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the physical protection of bank buildings and contents. Acts as the liaison between the various business lines and serves as the primary contact for external vendors.
Other Job Duties
- Oversees security staff in daily functions. Handles emergency telephone calls, and emergency notifications to internal clients, Corporate Security, Physical Security, and outside law enforcement. May act as a local contact for the Bank's contract security services provider.
- Primary liaison to local law enforcement. Liaises with security staff of other nearby and related business as necessary.
- Supports the security organization with the review of crimes captured on DVR. Ensures the DVR images are stored and placed on CD to be disseminated to Corporate Security and law enforcement as required. Ensures compliance with prescribed protocols for the storage and dissemination.
- Coordinates with vendors and various business groups on security service requests.
- Ensures all location security staff adheres to the Bank's policies and procedures; ensures security system and security response training is completed and kept up to date.
- Manages local aspects of the card access control systems for the Bank, includes but not limited to: compliance of internal audit requirements and approval and issuance of all access cards.
- Ensures all security equipment is in working order and properly maintained.
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures in the alarm protocols for branches monitored at the Security Control Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to communicate effectively with law enforcement and other agencies during emergency situations.
- Supervisory skills for contract employees working various shifts.
- Problem-solving and resolution of security issues.
- Knowledge of security access control systems, alarm and monitoring systems and closed-circuit television systems, including Digital Video Recorders.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security