At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for supervising assigned unit within Consumer Product Services. Monitors and motivates staff and ensures that unit meets or exceeds standards for quality, accuracy, service, responsiveness and compliance. Unit supervised is generally large and/or covers highly complex activities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Trains new employees and ensures that entire staff is properly trained and has the tools required to be successful.
- Monitors employees’ workflow.
- Maintains staff scheduling for work hours, appointments, and vacation time.
- Reviews employees’ assigned tasks upon completion.
- Follows-up with employees to ensure they conform to standards and procedures.
- Ensures employees maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Establishes employees’ objectives and prepares and presents performance reviews.
- Interviews candidates for open positions.
- Counsels employees.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with customers as appropriate.
- Prepares and monitors reports on assigned unit activities as required.
- Communicates openly with management and staff through organized meetings. Conducts staff meetings.
- Gives support and direction; answers questions; and assists in solving problems for staff and other units as needed.
- Keeps unit procedures updated as needed.
- Ensures employees know and adhere to applicable state and federal regulations.
- Works at a computer terminal for a large portion of the day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Excellent knowledge of bank operations.
- Very good knowledge of assigned consumer finance activities.
- Administrative/Technical Skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in Word and Excel programs.
- Strong supervisory skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer