At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to securing the Bank's collateral interests for both real estate and non-real estate products while providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer or branch inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders. Extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Processes the following maintenance transactions ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations: Manages for outstanding titles/UCC's via the Collateral Management System(CMS) and CT Lien Solutions to ensure timely lien placement. Contacts appropriate agencies on an as needed basis to assist with the placement of the lien.
- Processes the following miscellaneous items in accordance with bank policies: Files UCC continuation on expiring liens, completes UCC updates to ensure compliance with pledged Borrower in Custody (BIC) files, researches miscellaneous loan requests to assist in the placement of the lien.
- Performs review of signed documentation to ensure that the securing documents reflect accurate vehicle identification number (VIN) and are correctly signed. Works with the source of origination to resolve any issues identified in the review.
- Reviews, logs, and submits incoming titles to vault or CMS, dependent upon state requirements, for safekeeping.
- Opens, sorts, and process incoming mail.
- Notepads/documents all conversations and work processed.
- Provides additional support to other back office groups in both DLP and CPS as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Customer Service skills - both written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as Regulation Z.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer