At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Under direct supervision, responsible for coordinating the workflow of all time and attendance activity for payroll processing and reporting within established timeframes and Bank of the West's business rules, practices and policies to ensure accurate and timely payroll checks and related reporting.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for processing high volume payroll transactions for multi-state payroll.
- Calculates and processes manual Checks, garnishments, LOA, retro pays, and state and local taxation.
- Provides excellent customer service related to payroll and time and attendance activity.
- Analyzes and researches employee inquiries
- Assists with any other department processing as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Field of Experience ADP Payroll Experience preferred Knowledge of Payroll processing, procedures and regulations.
- Experience working with various payroll and time and attendance systems Knowledge of ADP Payroll processing, Word, Excel and Access. 10-key calculator by touch.
- Administrative/Technical Skills Analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills.
- PC and data entry skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Prioritization and organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Human Resources