Payroll Associate II
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for specialized processes that have high visibility and require a higher degree of knowledge of Payroll and skill set related. Processes include severance, leaves, incentive plans, bonus plans, deferred comp plans and any other special requests. Process various types Payroll transactions. Process all pay data files that interface into Payroll for payments. Responsible for running the payrolls, according to schedule and processing. Responsible for wires request. Acts as a subject matter expert within Payroll including leading a team of 5 payroll associates.
Essential Job Functions
- Process all leaves, severance, incentive, bonus, deferred comp and special payment requests using Vantage payroll system a (ADP product)
- Transmit Payroll Runs according to schedule
- Respond to internal as well as external escalations questions regarding payroll. This also includes how to process within the system.
- Ensure all data is accurate and is corrected prior to the payroll run.
- Provide training and guidance as needed to employees.
- Act as a subject matter expert to all in Payroll related inquiries
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- ADP experience required
- Vantage highly desired
- Previous supervisory experience highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree required
- CPP highly desired
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Payroll processing, Payroll laws and Banking pay practices and policies.
- An understanding of general accounting principles.
- Solid understanding of General Ledger.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Time management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.