Payments & Sanctions Specialist Night Shift
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
PCSNA Payment Services is responsible for all the processing of incoming and outgoing wire transfers in USD, and CAD funds and also processes FX activity in a variety of other currencies. The area provides a full array of Cash Management Services on an around-the-clock basis to the Bank’s customers.
Payment Services Agent is responsible for delivering complete Funds Transfer Services with an emphasis on high quality, timeliness and accuracy to internal/externally customers by incorporating experience and industry knowledge in daily workflow.
• Provide Payment Services and Level1 Sanctions coverage during hours of 9pm to 5am
• Transaction processing in one or more of the company’s internal operations to support domestic and international customers for payment and check processing service functions.
• Perform first level review of obvious false positive (payments/Swift and non-SWIFT messages) that are stopped in our various filtering systems.
• Escalate questionable and exact matches to the level 2 team (SEE) for review
• Ensure instructions are executable, properly authorized or signed, or authenticated where applicable.
• Correction of transactions received via automated feeds with improper formatting and or items previously disapproved by verifiers.
• Awareness of daily work levels and achieves set standards and goals.
• Identify and take prompt action on priority items.
• Ensure adherence to all external regulatory and internal policy guidelines as dictated by the position
• Perform other support operations functions as required.
• Foreign exchange processing duties which include, buying and selling foreign currency, entering, verifying wire transfer.
• Verify figures with the Trading group for Funds Control to ensure both areas are starting with the same opening position.
• Monitors and records all intra-day activity as received from the Traders, then compares position with Payment Services to ensure Back Office has communicated all the necessary payment instructions
• Must have the ability to identify and resolve intra-day position for funds control and reconciliation through various reports.
• Responsible for end of day proof and reconciliation.
• Share in the rotational coverage of all functions within the area.
• Process/Validate Inclearing and Outclearing checks, Incoming and Outgoing Collection letters and (ACS Cash) Letters. Additionally responsibilities may include: Signature authorizations, Process positive pay input and matching on Inclearing.
• Provide database feedback.
• Contributes directly to the Permanent Operational Control device: by applying the procedures, by carrying out the monitoring and by alerting his superiors to any malfunction.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
• 1-3 years of experience in the field of banking operations
• Industry Knowledge: Product knowledge of Wire Transfer and Check processing business. This should be complemented with an understanding of Accounting and Regulatory background.
• Degree from accredited college/university
• Strong understanding of Funds Transfer operations as well as the rules and regulations, which govern it, (this will include CHIPS, Fedwire, LVTS and ACH.)
• Strong preference for previous banking experience with foreign exchange
• Knowledge of local clearing systems, SWIFT and the various formatting issues associated with them.
• Concern for Quality, Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure..
• Customer Service Orientation
• Organization skills
• Team oriented.
• The candidate must be PC literate with a strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
FINRA Registrations Required:
• Not applicable
Night shift implies 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.