Bilingual Third Party Risk Management Analyst
Head of Third Party Risk Management
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Third Party Risk management Office is responsible for identifying
and assessing risks relating to the operational and business management
processes of BNP Paribas. This includes policy, governance, risk management,
reporting and ownership of the Third Party Risk Management Tool.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Third Part Risk Management Office in identifying and evaluating potential/recognized risks related to operational, business administration, and third party endeavors, engaging business areas to raise awareness and recommend measures to prevent loss and mitigate exposure, and developing analytics and reporting for senior management.
- Assist business lines and relationship managers in identifying and reporting/ escalating potential areas of risk
- Day to day management of risk activities for the TPRM Office
- Maintain segmentation, risk assessment tools and due diligence requirements and processes
- Maintain database of vendor risk management activities in TPRM Tool and shared drive
- Assure appropriate documentation is recorded in the TPRM Tool (e.g., risk filtering and assessment results, due diligence materials)
- Oversee updating existing dashboards used for ongoing monitoring of vendors; analyze, brainstorm approach of adding new vendors to Lexis-Nexis Smartwatch dashboard/portfolio
- Monitor information quality, management and access for TPRM activities
- Analysis of ongoing monitoring alerts and recommending necessary subsequent action/ escalation taking into account BNP Paribas risk profile
- Manage the Know Your Supplier (KYS) Project implementation in order to enhance due diligence/ screenings of suppliers against sanctions lists. This initiative is coordinated at Group level in order to be aligned with Group guidelines.
- Monitor TP performance metrics, periodic reviews and follow up on business participation
- Review monthly reports for Vendor Acceptance Committee review, IT/non-IT IHC and IHC Archer’s metrics, and quarterly report on critical vendors with existing action plans to BNP Paribas’ senior management
- Perform ad-hoc research and reconciliation projects on weekly basis
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with different stakeholders
· Initiative, autonomy, self-motivated, self-starter
· Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple undertakings at the same time and focus on priorities
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Actively seeking to further knowledge through training and experience
· Strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Experience working successfully in a multicultural environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Experience with a multicultural environment
- Expertise and experience handling third parties contracts and relationships
- Analytical skills to work with multiple databases
- Candidate must be able to evaluate the services provided by vendors
ability to identify risks and develop appropriate responses Proficiency in
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
experience working in the financial industry, and in project management,
implementing procedures & process improvements, performance metrics and
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.