Job Title: Internship
Duration: 6 month
Métier/Function: Fixed Income
Department: Global Markets - Debt Capital Markets
Team/Desk: Financial Institutions Group – France – Belgium - Luxembourg
Contact: Pablo Perez / Nael Gouader
Email : dl.dcm.fig.france [at] bnpparibas (dot) com
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It
ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in
many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and
truly global career.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB),
delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals,
corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local
Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their
franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with
the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking
groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that
spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting
our commitment to international placements.
This experience could potentially lead to excellent career opportunities in Investment Banking.
Standard Accountabilities / Responsibilities of the Role
- Support Debt Capital Markets marketers in developing client presentations and proposals, including research, pricings and drafting of presentations
- Prepare and distribute periodic market updates and specific topic analysis to clients
- Co-ordinate information flow between departments (DCM, Syndicate, Legal, Coverage …)
- Maintain necessary databases and obtain access to data sources in order to produce presentations, proposals and market commentaries
- Take responsibility of all necessary administrative, compliance and legal tasks linked to bond issuance and DCM desk
Additional / Project Responsibilities
- Assist marketers in developing new product ideas for debt advisory and origination
- Minimum: undergraduate degree from a top rated university
- Preferred: strong analytical background ; advanced university studies in business / economics / international studies
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- International background, varied personal experiences (different countries, universities, work opportunities)
- Experience in working in teams
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on and to organise many projects at the same time ("multi-tasking")
- Strong academic record in quantitative subjects: economics / finance / maths
- Ability to structure / scale down complex arguments
- Strong computer skills, including advanced application of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong ability to respect deadlines
- Fast thinking, excellent communication skills
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong attention to detail / quality of work
- Dedicated commitment to work
- Excellent team player
- Excellent initiative abilities