Date: 6-month internship starting January 2020
Portfolio Management Solutions (PMS) is part of Capital Markets EMEA/Securitized Products Group, department of BNP Paribas CIB. PMS is a loan portfolio management and a risk-distribution team:
- in the frame of its risk-distribution activity, it centralizes all the relationships between BNP Paribas CIB and the Private Credit Insurers which are granting insurance policies to the bank. It is in charge of negotiating the terms and conditions of such insurance policies on behalf of the Business Lines (most of them being Financing Métiers) and of developing capacities provided by our insurance partners, as well as of managing the portfolio of insured transactions;
- it is also in charge of syndicating to other banks corporate & bank risks in relation to Trade Finance transactions.
The intern will assist the managers of the insured portfolios by:
- contributing to the follow-up of the outstanding amounts of insured transactions and to the calculation of the related insurance premium,
- entering data regarding those insured transactions/checking the accuracy of the data in the Spirit data-base,
- participating to the structuring of the insurance cover for transactions to be insured and being involved in the internal/external reporting process at the end of each month,
- updating/preparing data-extractions & presentations for the internal/external meetings of the PMS Front-Officers,
- helping to the renewal of general insurance policies…
This internship will enable the intern to work in a very dynamic and international environment within BNP Paribas CIB. Supporting different Business Lines of the bank through achieving diversified and transversal tasks related to the insurance of their transactions will enable the intern to get a good understanding of how those Business Lines are organized and work. He/She will also get a good knowledge of the Political and Credit Risk Insurance Market.
Student in a Business School, Accounting School, or University (with a specialization in Finance).
The intern should have already achieved an internship in the financial sector, ideally in the banking/insurance sector, and should have a strong interest and motivation for this industry.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, use of databases.
- Efficient, Curious, Methodical.
- Able to meet strict deadlines, to work under pressure and within a team.
- Having good communication and interpersonal skills.