Internship starting in January 2020.
Job description :
Your role will consist in:
- Originating and executing debt transactions (loans and bonds) for leveraged clients in France and Europe more broadly
- Developing relationships with clients
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in preparing pitches for clients and prospects (new LBO transaction, refinancing, dividend recap, extension, restructuring)
- Prepare internal credit notes on transactions contemplated for the Credit Committee
- Analyse industry's dynamics and strategic positioning of companies
- Conduct operational and financial performance analysis
- Prepare business plans and financial forecasts (P&L, CFS, BS and debt modelling on Excel)
- Assess companies' financing needs and business opportunities for the Bank
- Assist in the underwriting and syndication process of leveraged credit facilities, including the production of marketing materials, investor Q&A, etc
- Provide support to the team in its other daily tasks
Work Environment :
Leveraged Finance Capital Markets gathers 80 professionals focused on non-investment grade debt financings for leveraged corporates and financial sponsors across Europe (Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Brussels, Munich and Rome).
Within the Paris office, you will mainly work with the French Origination team and on a case by case basis with other European teams. You will be exposed to other BNP Paribas teams (M&A, Syndication, Risks, Rating Advisory, Portfolio Management, etc...) as well as to external partners (clients, lawyers, due diligence providers, etc...). Your ability to integrate well into these different and fast paced environments is key to a successful internship.
Your progression will depend on: - Your knowledge in accounting and finance - Your ability to write in English and synthesize - Your personal involvement and ability to communicate - Your capacity to adapt well to the working environment
This internship will help you : - Consolidate your financial / modelling skills - Confirm interest in banking and Leveraged Finance while working for a top ranked team within Europe’s leading Leveraged Finance players.
Master degree, student in business school, universities, engineering schools
Fluent in English and in French