6-month internship starting early March or possibly early April 2020 (convention de stage).
The Energy, Resources & Infrastructure EMEA team provides advisory and arranging services for the debt financing of long-term, cash flow-based projects, with limited or no recourse to shareholders and sponsors, over the following sectors:
- Power: conventional power & renewables (solar PV, solar CSP, onshore/offshore wind), and associated assets
- Infrastructure: regulated utilities/assets (including power and gas transport and distribution), transport (roads, bridges, car parks, ports, airports, railways, storage), social public services (hospitals, police stations), environmental (water & waste)
- Oil & Gas: upstream (production), midstream (LNG, transportation, storage), downstream (petrochemicals, refineries)
- Metals & Mining: primary metals to semi-processed downstream products (metals, precious, and diversified subsectors).
Transactions may cover the construction or development of new assets (greenfield projects), the upgrade or expansion of existing assets (brownfield projects), or the financing, refinancing or acquisition of existing assets.
ERI Portfolio & Analytics team is especially and mainly in charge of managing a portfolio of already booked transactions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The intern will be responsible for the operational, financial, legal and compliance follow-up of an allocated portfolio of already booked transactions. The allocated portfolio will include projects in construction and/or operation phase (as relevant) and in the Power & Renewables, Infrastructure and/or Mid- and Downstream Oil & Gas sectors.
In particular, the intern will be responsible for:
- Handling all post-closing processes for the allocated transactions, including without limitation:
- Performing annual reviews
- Processing waiver and/or amendment requests from clients
- Preparing quarterly watch list / doubtful debt reports (if any)
- Supporting the relationship manager during the “Know your Customer” renewal process
- Contributing to business opportunities identification for deals under his/her responsibility (refinancings, cross sells)
- Supporting the execution of certain refinancings or restructurings (if relevant)
- As relevant, attending to bank meetings, site visits, client meetings and preparation of related reports.
Examples of recent transactions executed by ERI:
- Financing of the first offshore wind project in France (Adviser & Arranger)
- Financing of a solar PV project in the United Arab Emirates (Arranger)
- Financing of optic fibre networks in Italy (Arranger)
- Financing of a greenfield floating LNG plant in Africa (Arranger)
- Refinancing of existing corporate loans of a fast growing, diversified mining group listed in Canada with mining assets located in Africa, Europe and Latin America (Arranger)
- Financing Norwegian operated assets sold by ExxonMobil for a Norwegian independent company (Sole underwriter)
- Restructuring on a long-term basis of the financing of a project located in a conflicted area (Arranger)
Key objectives overview
- Introduction to Structured Finance, Project Finance and Acquisition Finance
- Development of skills in portfolio management
- Interaction with other departments of the Bank (e.g. Global Markets, Coverage, Compliance), with the client and with consultants involved in the transactions (lawyers, technical and market advisors, etc.)
- Be integrated in a dynamic and international working environment, becoming an integral part of the team and gaining in exposure and responsibilities
CV and Cover Letter in English mandatory
- Students must be in their penultimate/gap year (“stage de césure”) or in their last year (“stage de fin d’études”)
- For last year students, internship shall be mandatory as part of their education track.
- An internship agreement (“convention de stage”) is mandatory
Profile, Experience & Skills
- Top tier schools and universities (including “Grandes Ecoles d’Ingénieurs”, “Grandes Ecoles de Commerce”, Sciences Po Paris, Dauphine)
- Non-French students are welcome
- First experience in investment banking is strongly welcome
- Fluency in English is required
- Other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, German, Portuguese…) are welcome
- Corporate finance fundamentals (incl. cash flow analysis)
- Modelling capabilities (Excel, VBA) are a plus
- Team working spirit – ability to work in and adapt to multicultural environments
- Organizational skills – ability to set priorities, plan actions, work methodically and meet deadline
Deadline to send application
For any questions you can contact:
- Ms. Meryem Benomar (ERI): meryem.benomar [at] bnpparibas (dot) com
- Ms. Camille Goure (ERI): camille.goure [at] bnpparibas (dot) com
Lieu principal : France-ParisType d'emploi : Long Term InternshipDomaine d'activité : Analyst