BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
The FIC KYC Analysts Team supports the day-to-day onboarding and recertfication activities performed by FIC bankers who have Senior Business officer (SBO) responsibility for the KYC approval of FIC strategic clients.
The KYC Analyst team builds the bridge between Due Diligence, Compliance, the FIC Bankers and the clients to assist with the smooth running of the due diligence process for financial institution clients.
The KYC Analyst teams reports directly to FIC Head of KYC Control team and at higher level to the FIC COO Office.
- Provide guidance to the SBO in respect of Compliance KYC Policies , to ensure that the SBO is aware of what is required and when. It is essential to have a working understanding of the due diligence process to efficiently work around any potential blocking points.
- Keep track of current KYC reviews as well as look ahead to upcoming reviews over the next few months
- Monitor the Official Institutions Coverage (OIC) client Portfolio and reallocate files ahead of recertification date.Help to prepare Client Acceptance Committees (CAC) for High Risk accounts and participate in the meetings
- Keep a log of all the ‘adverse news’ items classified by Compliance and the SBOs to avoid questions raised to SBO.
- Build a close relationship with the business and stakeholders ( Global Markets, BP2S)
- Constantly interact with key stakeholders : Compliance(s) and Due Diligence Operations to develop strong partnership, eliminate roadblocks and ensure continuity of information flow.
- Keep SBOs and Banking Associates informed of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure dialogue with FIC colleagues across the EMEA region.
Increased scope within the role:
Work on change management projects related to the client onboarding and recertification processes.
To perform the job successfully, candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data
Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines
Fluent in English and French
- Key drivers for the position
Risk management understanding : building bridges with Credit analysis and KYC review
Strong appetite for Compliance and KYC operational methodology analysis
Delivery of high standards services for the clients
Be able to provide a strategic watch/ monitoring of OIC portfolio given its intrinsic risks, coordinating
with OIC associates and cross regions
Team Work Strong work ethic
Should think positive and have a positive attitude to the clients ( internal and external)
Change Management - Develop workable implementation plans; communicate changes effectively;
build commitment and overcome resistance
Be computer literate so that monitoring can be efficiently ensured based on consistent and automatic reports
Attending Committees ( CCSCs,Steercos, etc) and communicate to all FIC EMEA Territories accordingly