In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
In/ Outsourcing is an important component of the business operations in BNP Paribas Hong Kong Branch (“BNPPHK”). In handling all outsourcing / insourcing activities, it is necessary to ensure that it will not adversely affect the interests of clients or result in any non-compliance with the legislation and regulatory requirements. No one should enter into any In/ Outsourcing arrangement if this may result in the internal control systems or business conduct being compromised or weakened after the activity has been outsourced / insourced.
The Outsourcing/ SLA Team is responsible to ensure that the governance is adhered to for any new arrangements. Furthermore, they are responsible in conjunction with compliance and Local COO (by delegation from CEO) to form an opinion to assess whether an arrangement needs to be reported to regulators.
- Coordinate with user depts. in completing SLA required documentation for insourcing or outsourcing services, and liaise with other relevant depts. : Principal coordinator for SLAs of HK branch (in liaison with the Regional Outsourcing Coordinator, HK Compliance, HK Legal, other sites and entities, the respective service providers and services users, the related business/functions involved, etc.).
- Maintain up‐to‐date SLA working plan / processing checklist.
- Prepare and host the bi-annual Local Outsourcing Management Committee (LOMC) and support the Chairperson of LOMC as its secretary, formalize meeting minutes and track action items
- Maintain local SLA repository (Administrator) for local in/outsourcing initiatives, keeps records of documents, minutes, logs etc.
- Attend to all in/outsourcing related questions, line up and facilitate discussion to proper document all in/outsourcing activities
- Manage and support the SLA Annual Review Process including the follow up of remediation actions
- Help ensure regulatory requirements and BNPP policies are complied with
- Follow up on the approval process, keeping stakeholders informed of all updates and progress
- Ensure compliance with Terms of Reference of Outsourcing Management Committees
- Implement local Outsourcing dashboard, in close interaction with Regional Outsourcing Coordinator
- Ensure regional consistency for In/ Outsourcing initiatives
- Maintain close interactions with regional Outsourcing coordinators, in order to be informed of all local in/outsourcing initiatives
- Assist with internal and external audit requests: HKMA, OPC, RISK ORC, IG, etc.
- Assist to implement projects and requests from group initiatives and regional outsourcing team
- Maintain local outsourcing procedures and terms of reference and publish updates
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Reporting of incidents according to the bank policy.
- Implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities.
- Contribute in tool project
- Participate in Transversal Projects Management tasks.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good inter-personal & communication skills, analytical mind-set & self-motivated
- Ability to deal successfully with multiple tasks across different business verticals
- Ability to work under pressure independently and also as a team player
- Ability to work in an dynamic environment
- Proactive attitude