In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Within Prime Services, Sales is responsible for originating new mandates particularly hedge funds, and responsible for growing existing client base organically. Although covering a broad spectrum of clients, this individual will focus and grow the Hong Kong/China hedge fund client base.
Location: This particular Sales candidate will be located in HK within the trading floor alongside with the Client Servicing, Traders and Risk teams of the same business unit.
BNP Paribas is seeking a highly energetic Hong Kong/China focused Salesperson to join a fast growing Prime Services business in the APAC region. This is a hybrid role where some time will be allocated to capital introduction services.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Grow revenues and market share by identifying and originating new Prime Brokerage (Cash PB, Synthetic Financing) mandates, with a focus on Hong Kong/China hedge fund clients.
• Partner with other parts of Prime Services including Client Servicing, Delta 1, Securities Lending etc. to enforce synergy, and to spot organic growth.
• Work with Prime onboarding team to ensure smooth client experience throughout lifecycle of fund relationship.
• Liaise with Global Markets and Securities Services colleagues in both originating new business and covering existing clients.
• Cross-sell Global Markets and Securities Services products and services.
• Assist with client educational events and host hedge fund industry events.
• Promote awareness of BNPP's Prime capabilities and aspirations in the local marketplace through various channels and methods.
• Introduces our prime services clients and prospective clients to institutional investors.
• Understand investor’s hedge fund portfolios and discuss appropriate hedge funds with them in order to introduce these two groups.
• Produces hedge fund industry content.
• Knowledge of Prime Services, Equities, Synthetic Financing, Fixed Income products, Derivatives (swaps, futures
& options) would be necessary
• Strong Excel & Power Point skills
• Language: English, Chinese (Mandarin) is mandatory and Cantonese a plus.
Skills and competencies
• Adaptability & Change Management: Prime is going through a transformation phase. Within this ever changing environment, its team members require to be resilient and to drive change within the organization.
• Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on answering the daily client queries side and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
• Organization & good resistance to stress: Fast paced dynamic environment with several tasks to be performed at once; therefore excellent time management, proper prioritization and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
• Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo.
• Influential skills: In order to work with various other departments and make them prioritise your requests.
• Strong Communication skills: Both verbal and written
• Attention to detail: Ability to notice & raise any abnormal processes
• Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management to allow proper time resolution.