Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
BP2S- Banking Services, Tax IT
Business Line / Function:
Banking Services – Tax IT
Local Project Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Oracle Developer will be performing:
- Consistent work experience up to 10 year in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development.
- Develop schemas, tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, functions, and procedures, Packages, Collections, Users and Roles.
- Understand business requirements and accordingly develop database models.
- Provide optimal design solutions to improve system quality and efficiency.
- Follow best practices for database design.
- Perform capacity analysis and oversee database tuning.
- Maintain technical documentations for reference purposes.
- Write complex codes and queries and participate in code reviews.
- Perform design review, modify codes and test upgrades.
- Work closely with other developers to improve applications and establish best practices.
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements(Java) and a problem-solving attitude
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring).
- Provide training and knowledge sharing with the development team.
- Maintains all databases required for development, testing, Pre-Production and production usage.
- Takes care of the Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Performance tuning and monitoring, proactively propose solutions.
- Perform Data anonymization
- Work in duet with our offshore and in-site technical team to coordinate the database initiatives.
- Perform detailed technical analysis with impacts (technical/functionally) and prepare Technical specification document.
- Mentor and carry out database peer code reviews of development team.
- Bug fixing & performance optimization
- Keep the development team up-to-date about the best-practices and in-site feedbacks.
- Challenge the time-response performance and the maintainability of the treatments/queries.
- Maintains data standards and security measures and anonymize Production data and import in Development and Testing environments.
- Performance tuning and Monitoring of All databases and proactively propose solutions in case of issues.
- Keep the development team up-to-date about the best practices and feedbacks
- Challenge the time-response performance and the maintainability of the treatments/queries
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge and/or experience of the financial services industry
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and Agile/Iterative methodology
- Technical competency in the following:
- Expert in SQL and PL/SQL development - Oracle Database
- Good understanding of ER Diagrams, Data Flows
- Good to have experience on DB design & modelling
- Hands-on on performance tuning tools
- Ability to perform technical analysis, design and identify impacts (functional/technical)
- Good Debugging Skills
- Prior experience in High Volume / Mission critical Systems is a plus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)