In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Part of the Global Markets & ALMT Operations for Shoken entity
The team covers 3 products (Cash Equity / Stock Loan / Listed Derivatives) as below and Team member is usually assigned one or two product(s).
- For Cash Equity, the team supports the Agency & facilitation desks trading activities
- For stock loan, the team supports stock loan and funding collateral desk trading activities.
- For Listed Derivatives, the team supports the listed derivatives desks trading activities.
Cash Equity & Stock Loan
Trade Capture and Reconciliation
• Trade capture and allocation for Shoken entity with Japanese and Foreign markets for Japanese clients and brokers.
• Ensure STP flow from front-to-back systems.
• Verify and send confirmations/statement to clients.
• Reconciliation of booking, positions, transaction/position data from the market.
• Monitoring and processing of Life Cycle Events such as dividend, corporate action, monthly billing etc.
• Liaise with local and global settlement teams to ensure smooth settlements.
• For foreign equity settled overseas (London, Paris or New York), establish working connections with the Back Office teams in each location in order to ensure smooth settlement.
• Confirm cash and margin /collateral payments with clients and monitor released instructions.
New Business setup
• Work closely with the front office in Japan and clients in order to facilitate the implementation of new Business.
• Follow up static data maintenance for new clients and new issue products.
• Ensure accuracy of regulatory reporting or legal ledger such as Baikai report, Prop/Agency flag amendments, other JSDA reports, etc.
Trade Capture and Reconciliation
• Trade capturing booked for Japan entity with Japanese and Foreign markets for Japanese clients, affiliates and brokers.
• Follow up on Give up/Take up amendments.
• Reconciliation of booking, positions and transaction/position of market side.
• Detect potential issues proactively and set up robust processes with appropriate controls.
• Working closely with IT to implement new systems and system enhancements to fulfill various needs for business, regulations, controls and efficiencies.
• Promote cross product coverage and expertise to flexibly work within the team.
• Ensure to escalate any irregular events or exceptions to management in a timely manner.
• Work closely with relevant Middle Office teams as well as various Back Office teams, IT, collateral management teams, Front Office, Finance, etc.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Verbal & Written Skill in English and Japanese. Work with others. Interact across countries, cultures and external. Deal with senior management, clients and regulators. Speak with confidence.
2. Work Quality & Efficiency
Process improvement. Design new processes and documentation. Time management.
3. Decision Making
Make a decision, Out of box approach. Change management. Adapt to new ways. Initiate projects.
4. Team Work & Culture
Team player. Trust and confidence. Acknowledgement. Lead by example. Effective feedback. Understand organization goals and strategies.
5. Problem Solving
Root-cause analysis. Provide solutions. Escalation. Priority.
6. Pressure control
Complete all tasks within the business hour.
- Align with the firm’s strategy, Simple & Efficient.
- Own the accountability and responsibilities.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Professional communication skills in English and Japanese
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve new product and process
- Compliance and Risk mindset
- At ease with numbers
- Time management and Prioritization skill
- Comfortable with PC skills such as Excel (pivot table, vlookup and basic calculation formulas)
- 2 years experiences minimum in Financial Industries
- JSDA Sales Representative Qualification (Class 1 & 2)
- JSDA Chief Control Manager
- Listed Derivatives experience