Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
IT CRM-I & MDM is currently looking for an OPS Engineer to join the team.
We are a transversal Tribe that has a central place within the Bank.
The CRM-I & MDM Tribe is a trusted partner to our customers and colleagues, delivering excellent services through empowered, committed and passionate people.
We strive for:
- providing excellent services that are high in stability and quality
- having predictable delivery
- following the agile operating model and having the right mindset
- having a target architecture that is Digital@Scale
- Having proud and happy people
Our day-to-day way of working is fully Agile and all the ceremonies are in place in order to facilitate our deliveries. Therefore it is very important to have the correct mindset and to be able to integrate well in an existing and open-minded team.
If you are interested in joining the tribe with a huge number of challenges, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us so we can have a discussion on our respective needs and clarify any questions you might have.
Your future job
As an “OPS Engineer” in our tribe “IT CRM-I & MDM”, you ‘re responsible in your squad for the support/configuration/deployment of our applications throughout the different environments (DEV/TEST/QA/PROD). You ‘re also responsible to ensure a stable and resilient environment for our clients and a streamlined workflow for our development squads. You ‘re able to anticipate, diagnose and solve incidents/problems within our applications.
Your role of an “OPS Engineer” consists of…
- Building a deep knowledge on our Tribe applications and a good understanding of their ecosystem
- Guiding application releases across the different environments into production during the development lifecycle, Contributing to the automation initiatives supporting your squad fully in Devops principles
- Safeguarding application quality and performance during development
- Automation of application deployment
- Monitor the application's availability and correct performance
- Incident, change and problem resolution related to the applications in our scope (ITIL Processes). Coordinate squad activities concerning Service Operation Processes (User Support)
- Lifecycle management and operational risk reduction for the applications in our scope
- Undertake all possible necessary actions to configure and implement monitoring via tools
- Coordinate the implementation of the application architecture so it is compliant with the BNP Paribas Fortis guidelines.
Highlight your strengths
- You are extra motivated in this challenge as an OPS Engineer
- You speak English fluently, having a good knowledge of French and Dutch is a plus
- You have a strong knowledge of the Agile principles and the Scrum Framework
- Strong knowledge of :
- API, Java (including configuration management)
- Devops Implementation
- Git, Gitlab, Docker
- CI/CD Implementation
- Knowledge about the following is a plus :
- Cobol, EDZ, JCL, CTRL-M, IBM Endevor , React
- SQL, Oracle, XML, Workload Automation, DB2, MQ
- Sonar, Service Now, …
- You are positive and pragmatic, flexible and dynamic
- You can learn fast, like to learn and to share knowledge
- You are a team player in cross-functional team. The goal of the team is more important than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks
- You are taking lessons and adjusting actions based on the received feedback, resulting in continuous improvement
- You can go beyond your role and are t-shaped, by taking other roles and contributing to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal
- Operational quality is always top of mind
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!