Description – External
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Manages the day-to-day activities of an operations unit within an assigned group SME- SBA Division. Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that achieve a high level of operational efficiency while maintaining proper internal controls to meet the changing business needs. Responsible for participating and supervising the post close servicing actions, 504 debenture tracking process, managing and assisting with defined customer service requirements of team members and clients for the SME- SBA portfolio. Fully maintains the integrity of the SBA post close reviews, exceptions tracking. Supervises and works on the controls for electronic file storage and banks retention process. Actively, participates in specific loan servicing needs and collateral controls, payment resolutions for Portfolio, works with internal groups CLS. Performs GL reconciliation and has a thorough understanding of the teams processing procedures. Assures that quality service is provided to internal and external customers on an unlimited basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures existing operations and technical applications are performing as designed to maximize benefit of the business unit/group.
- Acts as a reviewer/approver in a backup capacity of all New Money Pre-Close Funding reviews to support the new money loan processing team.
- Provides support assistance for Loan Servicing and Collateral Documentation, Boarding Reviews, and any and all activities associated with the post closed loans.
- Manages the work flow of the team, to full fill timely completions and compliance mitigation for post close review, portfolio documentation for SBA servicing action. Tax, Insurance, Payoff, Collateral Release request function. Assures efficient distribution of work and that “turnaround time” goals are met on a consistent basis.
- Review/approves teams work for compliance with SBA and or BOTW insurance, tax, collateral and servicing documentation standards.
- Provides all GL activity required as a reviewer when above your level of approval, or as back up approves to your level for SBA vendor payments and other payments associated within the team.
- Maintains SBA and Laser Pro knowledge to support the documentation process. Including ability to document servicing actions and all needs post close for loans in SBA Portfolio
- Participates and analyzes departments' statistical performance information to identify potential weaknesses and areas for improvement.
- Interacts with management on day-to-day activities and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Assists in the preparation of business plans, budget and goal setting.
- Analyses and prepares reports for management on departmental goal achievement.
- Researches and resolves complex operational issues.
- Oversee the development of staff to ensure utilization in other areas of the organization. Exercises authority concerning hiring, performance management, reviews, promotions, salary decisions and terminations.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience, SBA training and Certifications.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- System knowledge associated with SBA platforms internal and external
- Proper set up of loan and collateral tracking in Bank’s monitoring system consistent with the Bank’s approved structure and legal documentation, Scanning, Post close and Tickler tools.
- Proficient in managing collateral release and reporting.
- Collateral data must be obtained, analyzed, and updated in a timely manner.
- Reconcile GL accounts, Payoff and SBA Payments to support SBA team.
- Continually manage ongoing process and procedures from an operations perspective.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories