Operations, Supervisor II - Commericial Loan & Branch Deposit Service
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Manages the day-to-day activities of an operations unit within an assigned group (CBG, NFG, RBG, WMG, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management, Finance & Administration). Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that achieve a high level of operational efficiency while maintaining proper internal controls to meet the changing business needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures existing operations and technical applications are performing as designed to maximize benefit of the business unit/group.
- Analyzes departments' statistical performance information to identify potential weaknesses and areas for improvement.
- Interacts with management on day-to-day activities and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Assists in the preparation of business plans, budget and goal setting.
- Analyses and prepares reports for management on departmental goal achievement.
- Researches and resolves complex operational issues.
- Oversee the development of staff to ensure utilization in other areas of the organization. Exercises authority concerning hiring, performance management, reviews, promotions, salary decisions and terminations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Asset Based Lending Monitor and assign workload among team members to assure optimal utilization of available resources.
- Proper set up of loan and collateral tracking in Bank’s monitoring system consistent with the Bank’s approved structure and legal documentation.
- Collaborate with borrowers on reporting mechanism based on bank's requirements and borrower’s capability.
- Proficient in tracking collateral for ABL facilities.
- Collateral data must be obtained, analyzed, and updated in a timely manner.
- Reconcile movement of cash and loan balance for complex credits.
- Continually expand ABL policy, protocol and procedures from an operations perspective.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.