At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Under immediate supervision, responsible for performing various basic operational activities and provide support in assigned unit. Resolves basic operational issues.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to various basic operational issues for internal and/or external customers.
- Receives and reviews incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed.
- Processes basic operational functions and/or financial transactions.
- Prepares edits, distributes, and/or corrects standard documents.
- Maintains a working knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow.
- May provide internal and external customer service related customer service related to operational issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- May balances figures, computes totals, and prepares routine accounting entries
- May ensure acceptability of checks or other negotiable items presented for payment including comparing signatures to applicable specimen, facsimile or through signature verification system. May sort and file checks, maintaining applicable documentation/records and complying with related policies, procedures and standards
- May prepare and send billings, advices, and account statements on various products and services
- May prepare various activities such as preparing banking office deposits for the image sorter; encoding deposits; processing EE bonds; transit encoding; and preparing and processing special customer deposits
- May balance batches with rejects received through the proof and transit system and prepare cash letters for shipment and handle a variety of duties related to balancing check processing operations
- May MICR encode, correct and balance customer checks, deposits, loan payments and other internal bank entries
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Sort and distribute both incoming and outgoing mail items (envelopes and packages).
- Operate and maintain postal equipment, folding machine, express and tracking systems.
- Stock and distribute supplies throughout building(s).
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Services