At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing major operations segment within an assigned Division. Provides working knowledge of end to end processes since decisions have significant impact affecting multiple and diverse operations and product lines. Resolves broad operational issues and coordinates activities and processes within business lines/operations segments. Identifies, analyzes and resolves complex problems related to business lines project, product lines or functions, using general practices and precedents to resolve. Develops and analyzes procedures to enhance business unit and product-related activity.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee overall operational management and control which entails monitoring and direct involvement in the operations of the business lines, participation in designing of policies and procedures and ensuring effectiveness thereof.
- Responsible for budget/expense management, reporting and forecasting for areas managed. Ensures proper communication to the senior management concerning compliance of company and regulatory policies affecting areas managed.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission, support management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Responsible for performing a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Direct the project development and management; planning, costing, implementation and monitoring of all new and existing projects
- Participate in overall operational management, planning, systems and controls. Interacts with senior management on new projects that will enhance the banks customer service capabilities by managing to budget.
- Reviews and approve service agreements both internally and externally.
Other Job Duties
- Participates in major projects and analysis as requested by Senior Management.
- Ensures that operating procedures fully comply with approved Bank policies and procedures and any/all statutory or regulatory requirements.
- Develops existing supervisors and key team members focusing on the departments succession planning and cross-training endeavors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business
- Extensive knowledge of banking products and services.
- Able to understand and explain complex concepts.
- Excellent analytical, communicational and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially PowerPoint, Excel.
- Data Analysis and/or Database skills.
- Able to work in a complex and demanding work environment towards tight deadlines.
- Provides leadership, direction and coordination of the goals and objectives of the department.
- This includes being able to oversee the team operationally balancing multiple duties each day including driving: excellent customer service quality, process improvement, SLA adherence, smooth project execution, system performance and customer setups.
- Continually assesses, monitors, and makes recommendations regarding the performance of the department as well as managing/ensuring a strong relationship with the internal clients.
- This includes best practices and up to date industry standards.
- Develops, monitors, and updates the Department's internal control structure surrounding all operational functions.
- This includes reviewing and revising existing policies and procedures on a quarterly basis.
- Furthermore, this includes the internal controls for ensuring daily checks and balances are managed and reviewed.
- Guides and counsels subordinates in their implementation of work flows, schedules and other day-to-day activities.
- Ensures their attainment of established goals and objectives.
- Assures workflow schedules are met in the proper timeframes.
- Resolves operating problems as necessary.
- Designs, develops, produces and delivers management reports tracking productivity, trends, risk, exposure and/or other relevant and meaningful information.
- Communicates with senior management on a daily basis providing insight and recommendations as well as cross-functional peer or above communication.
- Oversees application security administrator for all department systems including access rights and security levels granted.
- Continually assesses, monitors and make recommendations regarding the operation risk of the department along with the Risk Department.
- Combination Special Education/Experience: Fifteen years combined education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.