At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Manages directly through subordinates, operational activities for Collections and Customer Services within Managed Services-Equipment Finance Division. Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that achieve a high level of operational efficiency while maintaining proper internal controls to meet the changing business needs. Works on moderately complex issues and projects.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for managing the operational activities on a variety of sections including those of high complexity and risk, to maximize productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations to the design and implementation of operational activities for a large single functional unit or multiple sections within an assigned group.
- Exercises administrative control over the functions and activities of the sections, including budget.
- Communicates and interprets operations performance, quality standards and goals for assigned sections.
- Monitors and adjusts the daily workflow to ensure that operational commitments are met.
- Formulates, plans, and organizes new projects that will enhance the bank's customer service capabilities; reduce costs; and contribute to the bank's cost savings initiatives.
- May review and revise service agreements both internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires 10 years' minimum prior relevant experience leading a Collections and/or Customer Service team
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Proven experience in staff development, job performance management and organizational development
- Proven track record and ability to establish milestones and meet objectives
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of business to integrate strategies and link financial goals and organizational profitability
- Thorough understanding of EFD’s general business strategy as compared to competitors
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in LAN network, Microsoft Office software, and lease accounting packages
- Ability to prioritize workload while remaining aware of time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to delegate assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to evaluate and sell alternative solutions
- Ability to effectively influence outcomes
- Ability to partner with client groups in a team approach to provide technical expertise in developing business strategy
- Customer service skills
- Establish and recommend changes to policies with organizational impact
- Exercise and continually develop interpersonal work relationships and management skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Personal computer skills using
- Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations