At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
- Manage chargeback team to maximize success in financial
recovery and customer claim satisfaction.
- Derive and execute strategies that balance regulatory
compliance with customer expectations while satisfying customer fraud and
- Understand and manage transaction flow and processing
- Manage quality assurance standards/measures and compliance
of regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participate in the acquisition of new systems and vendors,
including writing business cases, creating requirements, reviewing proposals,
and managing the implementation project.
- Communicate with department project team, implement new
systems processes, review and approve procedures and conduct training.
- Direct staff training and development of knowledge
management tools and job aids.
- Approve procedures and develop reports, records, and
processes to manage essential tasks and activities.
- Ability to travel as directed to attend management or trade
meetings 2-4 times a year.
- 5+ year’s previous experience in credit/debit card fraud
management or equivalent bank operations role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a moderate sized production team.
- Ability to think both strategically and analytically.
- Experience in fraud and dispute processing operations
including management of chargeback practice and policy.
- Demonstrated project management skillset and comfort in
process development and refinement.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, particularly with
documenting performance results.
- Familiarity with Master Card processing rules
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory oversight of card claim
- Ability to satisfy escalated customer and external issues.
- Bachelor’s degree [or equivalent] required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations