At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing various operational activities and provide support in assigned unit. Assists Operational Unit meet service levels consistently by coordinating information among internal/external customers and resolving moderately complex operational issues. Use this position for functional areas that have been identified as "risk sensitive" (ACH, GTO, Wire Transfer, Foreign Exchange, Central Vault, Money Desk). For other areas, use bank wide Operations Coordinator I role.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to various moderately complex operational issues for internal and/or external customers.
- Receives and reviews incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed.
- Prepares, edits, distributes, and/or corrects standard documents.
- Maintains a moderate working knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow.
- May act as an escalation point.
- May assist in identifying operational improvements.
- May review and analyze daily reports and make recommendations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of the products, policies and processes related to unit assigned.
- Good knowledge of banking operations.
- TCMO (Treasury Capital Markets Operations):
- Boards funding transactions and sets up customers in the system of record, including documentation of compliance with FDIC customers' suitability requirements
- Performs Dreyfus investment sweep processing, including disbursement and allocation of dividends, month-end processing, and mailing of monthly statements
- Executes Repurchase Agreement Sweep, Eurodollar Sweep, and Fed Fund Sweep processing, including transmission of customer deposit activity to the Bank's mainframe deposit system
- Monitors and processes interest and maturity payments for the bank and customers
- Processes daily end day and batching process; balance DDA and GL files for upload to mainframe
- Wire Transfer
- May respond to Due From reconcilement tracers, or account profile requests which include research, follow up, adjustments or verification
- May investigate and process compensation claims
- May research, verify and adjust wire transfer information in response to Due From reconcilement tracers
- Interfaces with Federal Reserve Bank, correspondent banks, and other departments to resolve problems that may occur in wire transfer processing
- Monitors OFAC queues to ensure that transactions are properly reported and/or processed
- May maintain the database information system for customers and banks. May be responsible for setting up routing instructions for international/domestic banks, PIN management, credit line facilities, executing service documents, etc.
- Researches heavy volume of exceptions to redistribute credit/debit transactions to correct account numbers
- Performs changes to correct account number, trans-code and transit-routing number information
- Researches and responds to Federal Reserve Bank tracers and adjustments
- Ensures timely and accurate recovery of funds relating to the processing of Government Notice of Reclamations
- Processes the standard legal orders following standard procedures
- Maintains the files that are kept on all of the legal orders received
- Answers telephone and has heavy telephone contact with branches
- Maintain knowledge of all IRS regulations pertaining to IRA accounts
- Attend annual training on IRA changes to maintain knowledge of regulations
- Identifies garnishments, levies, subpoenas and other legal processes that are non-routine and works with the Legal Department to resolve issues.
- Researches, resolves, and responds to dispute-related card claims for electronic transactions governed by association rules and federal regulations
- Shares and/or reports claim-related data for loss mitigation/fraud detection purposes.
GTO (Global Trade Operations)
- Verifies contracts against supporting documentation and prepares payments
- Serves as liaison with corporate clients regarding contract details/discrepancies and payment instructions
- Performs monthly vault certification
- Inputs retail trades on foreign exchange application
- Processes collection items
- Prepares drafts in foreign currency
- Processes foreign currency loans
- Performs interbank contract reconciliation
- Reconciles the US dollar clearing account
- Writes off dormant drafts
- Processes various trade transaction such as; documentary collections, and letter of credit, issuance, advising and amendments
- Prepares all monetary and non-monetary entries for payments. Prepares and processes all accounting and liability entries for banker's acceptance.
- Inputs Fedwire payments into RPI system, distributes incoming swift messages / Fedwire payments
- Assists business partners with guiding external customers through preparation of trade transaction applications. Identifies and may resolve inconsistencies or issues
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Participates in development of test scripts and test cases for unit/system and user acceptance testing
- Assists in developing and documenting new procedures
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations