Operations Controls Analyst
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
CIB Americas Operations comprises several operations lines; Trade and Treasury Support Middle Office, Loan Servicing, Trade Finance and Warehouse lending, ITO Credit Middle Office, Global Markets America Product Control, Securities Execution and Clearing, US Derivatives Execution and Clearing, Process Management and Collateral and Treasury Forecasting Liquidity Management.
CIB Americas Control, within the CIB Americas Controls & Regulatory Oversight department is mandated with driving the awareness and application of the following core elements of control and supervision throughout CIB Americas North America. Specifically,
- Facilitates control governance by evaluating, maintaining and enhancing the Operational Risk Control framework of CIB Americas Operations North America
- Owns the centralized view of the CIB Americas Operational Risk control framework, with responsibility to streamline, secure and deploy the CIB Operations control framework
- Ensure all CIB Operations controls are exhaustively and continuously mapped in the CIB Operations control and risk information application
- Key Risk Indictors and Key Performance Indicators, Daily Scorecard and Monthly Cockpit
- Tracking and escalation point for Incidents, Audit Recommendations, and Operational Procedures
- Perform granular and systematic quality assurance control reviews of Level 1 operational procedures, controls, and supervisory responsibilities of all CIB Operations teams
- Fully segregated reporting line to senior CIB Operations management, with no responsibility for operational production
Develop and deploy control plans and system flow modeling.
Continual review of Operations Control Matrices.
Monitor and report on CIB Operations Control framework through the various control applications for Key Risk Indicators, Key Performance Indicators, audit recommendations, historical incidents, procedures, Risk Control Self Assessments and Regulatory programs.
Assist in the design of standard control and testing procedures, templates and methodology, and the inclusion of BNP Paribas protocols and mandates for Control.
Assist and perform walk through and data collection exercises with CIB Operations teams as required.
Support control reviews, perform root cause reviews and add value through a recommendation/action plan approach of any CIB Operations control/procedure found to be failing or inadequate.
Develop close partnerships with CIB Operations management, Operational Risk and Control Tower managers and staff across CIB Operations, and as applicable, other control teams and compliance teams within the organization
Draft operating procedures as required and publish on the territory procedure Platform.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with confidence and composure at all levels of the business hierarchy
- Change agent with exemplary attitude: - innovative, enthusiastic, rigorous, execution oriented
- Skilled multi-tasker with efficient organization skills
- Ethical and control oriented
- Organized and adept at managing competing deliverables
- Strong team skills but comfortable working independently with clear directives
- Excellent desktop skills – including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Innovative and adept at assessing process improvement
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role
Independently driven and able to operate autonomously with a split team in multiple locations
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
University degree or equivalent required
Data flow modeling experience
Good knowledge of banking operational products, process flows and controls
Primary Location: CA-QC-MontréalJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Analytical Ability