At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary - Operational Analyst (Commercial Loans)
Responsible for daily operational analysis of an Operations unit for a variety of business operational and administration activities within an assigned group (BSG, CBG, NFG, RBG, WMG, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management, and Finance & Administration). Acts as the operational expert and addresses operational issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and cost-effective manner .Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Administers all operation functions within the assigned organization. Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to as defined by bank standards and aligned with corporate goals and initiatives and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluates work flow procedures and implements changes to improve efficiencies. Ensures that all policies and procedures set by business unit are being followed.
- Analyzes and reviews internal and industry changes and recommends changes that may impact business needs.
- Partners with management and staff to work on planning, implementation of projects that support the operational function.
- Recommends changes in the coordination of budgets, resources and deliverables to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Works individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and managing projects to completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Commercial Loan Documentation
- Complete knowledge of the products, policies and processes that relate to unit assigned.
- Complete knowledge of banking operations.
Commercial Loan Servicing
- Responsible for compiling and preparing standard and non-standard loan documents as per terms and conditions of the approval for all loans.
- May be responsible for loan files from any or all points including loan processing, loan documentation preparation, pre-boarding data entry, loan documentation review, loan closing, and/or tickler/file maintenance.
- May assist in projects relative to process/workflow improvements, system updates/releases, system enhancements, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- May process complex loan transactions and/or book loans to the loan system
- Review and process complicated requested financial transactions (including Syndications and Special Assets) originated from customers and internal business partners.
- May perform reviews of transactions processed by other CLS staff to determine whether the transaction was posted completely and accurately.
- May handle escalated or complicated research requests as needed
- May perform periodic report review
- May work with internal partners to reconcile GL and other accounts
- May interact with outside service providers or government agencies
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Services