In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Within the Asia Pacific CIB IT & Operations organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) team for Corporate Banking Operations is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the Operations teams.
His/her main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to Corporate Banking Operations. Hence, he/she will analyse control results (Ops, OPC, LoD2, LoD3) and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
The Operational Risk Controller ensures the following missions under the supervision of Head of Operations OPC, Corporate Banking and in close relationship with Operations teams.
Implementation of Operational Risk Management
• Coordinate and perform the Risk and Control Self-Assessment with Operations Managers and Senior Management
• Define and execute the control testing, present the controls result to Senior Management, and ensure the implementation of remediation actions
• Follow up and review findings and recommendations issued by internal auditors, regulators, and external auditors
• Ensure operational risk incidents are properly collected, coordinate the root cause analysis and contribute to the definition of remedial actions
• Perform Deep Dive analysis/ thematic review on specific processes based on identified risk areas
• Monitor regulations and internal policy changes to ensure implementation by Operations Team.
Operational Risk Governance
• Organize and contribute to the monthly ORUS meetings and Permanent Control Meeting, to ensure proper escalation of operational risk issues.
• Coordinate and prepare the contribution to the Internal Control Committees
• Support country OPCs in performing the respective mandates, and consolidate the results for management reporting.
• Assist the team manager in transversal tasks like deep dives, trainings, dashboards productions and be pro-active in suggesting improvements in the team’s daily work
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit function or with Corporate Banking experience, ideally in payment & cash/trade/commodity finance operations
• Good analytical skills and control mindset
• Ability to integrate various information and synthesize them
• Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Coordination and multi-tasking skill
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production