Operational Risk and Control Officer
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking offers corporates and financial institutions financial solutions in the field of financing, risk management and advisory. Corporate & Institutional Banking aims to develop long-term relationships with her clients and accompany them throughout their business and investment strategies.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients.
We are currently looking for a full-time
Operational Risk & Permanent Control (OPC) Officer
The Operational Risk & Permanent Control (OPC) department is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the OPC framework across all BNP Paribas CIB entities located in the Netherlands, to ensure all operational risks are identified, assessed and effectively mitigated.
As Operational Risk & Permanent Control Officer your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Operational Risk Events analysis, registration and follow-up to ensure adequate corrective measures have been implemented to avoid/prevent reoccurrence;
- Coordination of control plans implementation within the teams, collection and analysis of control results, performance of OPC controls;
- Ongoing monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure adherence with BNP Paribas CIB and BNP Paribas Group criterias;
- Advise the business and follow up with action owners to ensure audit findings and recommendations are addressed and closed by the due deadlines;
- Coordination of risk assessment exercises;
- Maintain and contribute to an efficient third party control framework;
- Organise and coordinate Committees dedicated to Operational Risks;
- Detect inefficient processes and controls, raise alerts and suggest improvements;
- Introduce OPC to new colleagues and maintain OPC awareness programmes;
- Contribute to reporting to the local management and Head Office.
- Bachelor / Academic degree, preferably in business administration;
- 1-3 year work experience. Ideally, the role holder will have at least 1 year experience within Risk Management / Audit;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in Dutch and French would be an advantage;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience with data analysis;
- Experience with Project Management is an advantage;
- Good understanding of Corporate and Institutional Banking is an advantage;
- You have a right to work in the Netherlands.
We are looking for an Operational Risk & Permanent Control Officer with the following compentences:
- Result oriented and solution driven;
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain a strong network of contacts across the organization;
- Is able to connect and build strong relationship with stakeholders to become a true sparring partner when it comes to operational risks;
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation and adapt communication style as necessary;
- Deliver quality results, with a pragmatic ‘can-do’ proactive attitude which can be flexed in accordance with the changing environment;
- Analytic and creative: the role holder has strong analytical skills and can think outside the box;
- In addition you are eager to learn, curious and don’t have a 9 to 17 mentality.
As part of the application procedure there is an assessment and Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behavior and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.
Primary Location: NL-NH-AmsterdamJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSSchedule: Full-time