Operational Risk and Control Officer ICT - m/v/x- Enabler
Operational Risk and Control Officer ICT - m/v/x- [Enabler]
Interested in learning more about the operational risks associated with Cyber Security and IT?
Financial institutions incur several operational risks in the course of their activities. These risks change constantly in an increasingly digital environment as new technologies emerge. Nowadays, cyber and IT risks are significant operational risks, requiring increased attention and dedicated expertise. Can you help the RISK Operational Risk & Control (ORC) Department take a critical look at these risks and how they are managed?
Risk ORC ICT is an independent second-level line of defence, responsible for monitoring ICT activities (IT, Cyber Security, Business Continuity, ), working closely with the Global Security and IT teams.
Your future job
Within Risk ORC, the Risk ORC Officer ICT, is in charge of evaluating the effectiveness of the risk management and control environment in ICT entities (IT, Global Security, Data ) following a 2nd line operational risk framework to be applied by the first lines.
You will deal with innovative financial services/products such as PSD2, instant payments, electronic signatures, data management (incl. data analytics, artificial intelligence, etc), and their related IT and business risks.
You can create added value in following activities:
- Analyse the ICT processes and systems, assessing the related risks, and evaluating the internal permanent control framework .
- Formulate an opinion or describe the weaknesses on the outcome of your analysis. Ensure that appropriate mitigation measures are taken. Formulate action plans for further follow up if needed.
- Give input about the operational risks associated with new products and services, new technologies and outsourcing activities.
- Ensure local implementation of Group procedures, the derogations applied and ensure proper follow up of recommendations.
- Contribute to the reporting needs on Internal Control for BNPPF and Group
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with the entities involved by participating in working meetings to gain a better understanding of business activities and trends, organizational and regulatory changes.
Highlight your strengths
- You hold a Master's degree, preferably in IT or economics
- You have at least 4 to 5 years experience in IT, either in the domain of Cyber Security or in new IT technologies .
- You have effective communication skills, good knowledge of one of the two national languages in spoken as in writing, with a very good knowledge of English.
- You are familiar with the world of operational risk management and internal oversight or be prepared to learn more about this.
- You are able to work independently with a focus to achieve results.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to attract and retain women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, each with his or her own experience. We firmly believe that diversity increases performance and innovation. All our offers for full time are also available for 90% or 80%.
Tempted by the challenge?
Interested in this function? Do not hesitate to apply online.