By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here.
About the job
- Within BNP Paribas RISK department, RISK ORC Global Markets (“GM”) is acting as the global second Line of Defense for the BNP Paribas CIB - Global Markets métier, with the key role to provide relevant Risk and CIB senior management a global, transparent, exhaustive and consistent front to back view of Operational Risk across Global Market activities worldwide
Your Main Activities Are
- Within RISK ORC GM, Operational Risk Auditor will play a key role in Global Markets Operational Risk Management by independently challenging the effectiveness of the operational control framework of the BNP Paribas’ Global Markets activities
- More specifically, Operational Risk Auditor will contribute to the implementation of the RISK ORC Global Markets Annual Control Testing plan in closed coordination with RISK ORC GM UK hub
- Such Control Testing activities can take various forms (like, verification or re-performance of controls, or execution of direct ad hoc controls on specific activities / processes) and cover many Global Markets areas (such as Sales & Trading, IT, Operations, Finance, and Tax)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master in Business or Finance (or related areas)
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- Interest in Global Markets activities
- Interest / appetence for Audit & Risk Management
- Knowledge of business management
- English fluency
- Analytical and synthetic
- Eager to learn and ability to cover a wide range of activities and processes
- Dynamic and proactive
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.