In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The Operational Risk Officer is responsible to ensure current and emerging risks are proactively identified and managed through internal control mechanisms and procedures within BNPP SG Territory and Client Engagement and Protection perimeters to ensure compliance with BNPP Group standards and regulatory requirements. This includes local adaptation and execution of OPC methodologies, control plans, incidents investigations, procedures management and reporting to key stakeholders and Committee members.
- Execute the OPC control plan and report results in BNPP system. Ensure organized and clear archiving of all evidences for controls’ performances and results.
- Ensure that control results are reviewed and analysed by the Entity Management and when relevant, operational teams / relevant stakeholders and the remediation action define plans when needed.
- In line with SEA and APAC Governance for operational risk management, provide a synthetic and clear vision of OPC controls results, as well as on related remediation actions and implementation status to Committee members.
- Perform Quality Assurance controls of AML Transaction Monitoring and SUN Fircosoft name screening alerts cleared by APAC Hub L1 analysts. Ensure adherence to GFS procedures & BNPP guidelines.
- Analyse incidents in timely manner and define, jointly with relevant stakeholders, the corrective measures to mitigate risks and follow up on the implementation of remediation actions.
- Conduct the assessment, quantification and update of potential incidents in liaison with independent control function.
- Escalate to relevant level of management on operational risk incidents and/or recurring weaknesses.
- Perform regular risk identification and assessment of transversal controls in liaison with independent control functions when needed, ensuring validation by the relevant management level and consistency with defined risk tolerance.
- Identify and propose modifications to Operating Entities’ procedure accordingly to the outcome of the risk assessment and other risk events.
- Define and regularly update the control plan according to the outcome of the risk assessment, regulations and other risk events.
- Maintain and report to the management regularly on procedure update status.
- Provide guidance to other SEA OPC teams and provide training when required.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
- Participate in governance committee meetings and be informed of emerging risks.
- Contribute to information requests from relevant parties.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk in banking environment or Internal or External Audit function. Ideally with Experience on Financial Security matters (KYC, AML transaction monitoring).
• Good analytical skills and control mindset
• Ability to integrate various information and synthesize
• Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Coordination and multi-tasking skill
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production