BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Located in the RISK Function of BNP Paribas, the role of RISK ORC BP2S France BSO-CTO is to ensure that the components of the operational risk management framework are implemented and effective in the perimeter. RISK ORC BP2S mandate is to challenge and supervise the operational risk management framework of BSO and CTO in France, as described in level 2 procedure – Organizational framework and governance for Operational Risk Management & Permanent Control Framework.
To achieve this objective he/she acts as 2nd line of defence and works closely with the businesses.
The head of RISK ORC BP2S reports to BP2S Chief RISK Officer, who reports to RISK Group.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Identification and assessment of risks and controls
Challenge risk assessment
Contribute and/or Participate to the decision making process, such as:
Voting on operational risk management matters in the new activity / product / large project / outsourcing validation process
- Ensure risk assessments are consistent with BP2S risk appetite
- Assist in the performance of the local RISK PROFILE
- Contribute to the roll out of the Risk Identification & assessment framework (RCSA)
- Challenge 1st LoD mainly by the execution of level 2 controls & independent challenge and opinion on the effectiveness of the control framework
- Formalization and recommendation follow-up in case of non-satisfactory results
- Contribute to the production of reports and dashboards on historical incidents and share them with the Métier (with focus on data collection exhaustiveness)
- Perform the quality review of historical incidents input in FORECAST (incidents Group database)
- Challenge significant incidents description and remediation plans
- Contribute to the performance of 2nd level control on the reconciliation between Birdie, Forecast & Accountancy
- Potential incidents (PIs)
- Perform the quality review of potential incidents input in FORECAST
- Ensure that potential incidents impacts are consistent with BP2S risk appetite
- Challenge the 1st LoD & sign-off on the PI quantification
- Contribute to the production of reports and dashboards on recommendations status
- Challenge the 1st LoD on remediation of outstanding recommendations
Background: 3 years or more in the RISK function, the internal audit, the projects management or in BP2S BSO-CTO operational teams.
- Analytical skills & synthesis ability
- Critical thinking
- Communication (oral & written) skills
- Fluent in French & English
- Tools: Office Pack / advanced in Excel
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.