At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for providing analysis in support of the bank's Risk Reporting Function, focus on risk-related matters. In addition to; this position will provide strategic insight to Shareholder and Senior Management Team by analyzing data, produce reports and proposes axes of development for the optimization of overall services provided by the department. Interacts with Risk and Business Lines management and serves as consultant to management.
Other Job Duties
- Designs and prepares risk reports for BancWest’s executive management and the Shareholder, and analyzes trends in the risk portfolio’s performance.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of various risk management initiatives including concentration analysis, establishment of exposure limits.
- Conducts ad hoc risk management analysis when deemed appropriate. Presents results in a timely, comprehensive, synthetic and meaningful manner.
- Identifies sources of information and develops process for capturing required data.
- Compiles and formats related data.
- Ensures that data is accurate and that sources of information are reliable.
- Documents reporting processes and keeps audit trails. Maintain comprehensive procedures and documentation related to tasks handled.
- Liaises with hierarchy to determine and update priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Experience in credit risk management and/or financial reporting.
- Responsible for Resident expert on Basel II Standardized within the Controllers’ organization.
- Tracks regulation changes and their impact on the bank’s level of Basel II Capital and RWA and the RWA data gathering and reporting processes.
- Acts as primary liaison between corporate finance and BNPP Capital-related teams to ensure permanent and optimal compliance of the bank’s B2S RWA framework with the shareholder’s policies, rules, guidance and specific requests.
- Provides local parties involved in the B2S RWA framework with accurate overviews and instructions in line with the shareholder’s requirements, in relation with process changes, additional data request or any other information necessary for BNPP to comply with its regulator in terms of Risk Weighted Assets.
- Supervise the quarterly reporting of Basel II Standardized-related information to the shareholder and BNPP’s permanent data communication systems through an adhoc request from the shareholder.
- Leads and manages the development or implementation of any new processes or new tools necessary to be compliant with the shareholder’s reporting framework and/or for improving overall production, analysis or reporting process.
- Manages the analysis and reporting processes associated with actual Basel II Standardized information post-computation, using shareholders tools to retrieve information.
- Produces analyses’ reports and communicate key information to the bank’s Controllers and Finance organization.
- Produces and communicates Basel II Standardized Risk Weighted Assets’ forecasts and budgets.
- Implements and runs a solid framework for the reconciliation of Risk data to Accounting data within the B2S scope.
- Performs the computation of the bank’s non-core investment portfolio’s actual, forecasted and budgeted layer 2 and layer 3 impairments under the IAS/IFRS standards and in compliance with the shareholder’s policies and instructions.
- Maintains a permanent up-to-date computation framework which allows proper audit and controls.
- Assists the Finance Risk Reporting Team in the development and production of any Cost of Risk-related tasks and projects, performs related computations and produces accurate reports.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management