BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions is Europe's leading financing company and offers tailored leasing and rental solutions for capital-intensive equipment for business. BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions has operations in 20 countries, 3,700 employees and a total financing portfolio of 34 billion Euro. The company started operations in the Nordics in 2018, and is currently established with employees in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions will further develop its portfolio and is growing rapidly. The company has global agreements with manufacturers and equipment in many industries, such as agriculture, construction, material handling, healthcare, IT, office equipment, security and telecom. The Norwegian and Nordic head office is at Aker Brygge in Oslo. Read more at www.leasingsolutions.bnpparibas.no
Operational Permanent control (OPC) officer
Versatile role in a growing company in an international group
We are looking for a structured and analytical person who wants to develop further in the role of Operational Permanent Control Officer in our Nordic organization. The role is central in the establishment and deployment of a strong operational risk control framework in the Nordic region. You will be a central contributor to many different processes in both Norway, Sweden and Denmark. You will work closely with the other teams in the region and report to the COO.
Responsibilities and tasks:
· Continuous work to raise awareness on operational risks and how to deal with it
· Assess, monitoring the front-to-end control plan as well as definition of risk mitigation’s action plan in collaboration with the support functions
· Strengthen control set up through the declaration, investigation, analysis of operational risk incidents
· Materialize, maintain & improve the control operational risk control plan
· Contribution to the execution, rationalization and efficiency of controls on operational risks
· Contribute to determine risk reduction actions & coordinate ad-hoc remediation plans
· Develop and manage operational risk monitoring measures and reporting (e.g. KRI, Risk Control Self-Assessment (‘RCSA’)
· Drive the business in the answer, follow up and closure of any internal or external recommendations
· Conduct training and awareness sessions aiming to strengthen a risk mitigation culture.
· Relevant education, possibly compensated by experience from Operational Risk within the Bank / finance sector.
· Good awareness of fundamental non-financial risk concepts
· Proven relevant operational risk methodology, internal control, business risk, internal audit
· Demonstrate ability to identify key risk and contribute to the control framework for a wide variety of situations with the ability to act autonomously
· Demonstrate ability to form and articulate an informed position through structured thinking, problem solving and prioritization
· Good Knowledge of the Leasing Business and products, preferably with a Nordic scope is an advantage
Personal skills required
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English (additional language skills is a Nordic language is appreciated)
- Being keen to learn, with excellent attention to details, IT Literate, , enjoys working as part of a team and in a positive, professional environme
- Good capacity to prioritize
The role gives you the opportunity to help strengthen the operational risk area in the Nordics, while at the same time you get the benefits of belonging to a large international organization that is constantly at the forefront of development and skills development. While having a strong footprint locally, the operational permanent control officer will also join a global community coordinated by the Chief Conduct & Control Officer (CCCO), based in Leasing Solutions headquarters in France. The right person will experience great professional and personal growth.
For questions about the position, contact Arve Line by e-mail: arve.line [at] bnpparibas (dot) com, or phone 916 29 225. Apply for the position as soon as possible and no later than December 22nd 2023.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Support Functions
As a member of our Procurement, Marketing or Human Resources teams, you will be making your own contribution to the smooth-running of the Group, its influence and brand. Our Support Functions cover a very broad range of specialist skills that provide an equally impressive range of opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.