BNP Paribas is a key player in international banking, has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group supports all its customers - individuals, associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs and institutions – in the success of their projects through its financing, investment, savings and protection solutions in a changing world.
Corporate & Institutional Banking division offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients. BNP Paribas has 200 years history in Europe and a firm position in Romania for more than 15 years.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking BNP Paribas also enjoys strong positions in the Central Europe region, with branch offices in 5 countries (Hungary, Check Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece), serving 9 countries.
BNP PARIBAS, Romania Branch is looking for
Operational Permanent Control Officer
for Central Europe Region
In permanent full time contract, hybrid mode
- Perform regularly analysis of the operational risks,
- Perform follow-up within business units in order to assess both effectiveness and efficiency of existing controls,
- Ensures that all qualified events are adequately translated to operational historical incidents, and registered within necessary tools / escalated via proper channels,
- Analyze Operational Risk incidents (incident description, investigation, quality review) and perform a follow up according to internal procedures (action plans, etc.),
- Implement the Operational Risk and Permanent Control methodologies and tools according to internal guidelines and local regulatory requirements; permanent review and update,
- Identifies the key processes and key units for analyzing the risk, interviews the process owners and related experts, as well as consults with the management in order to regularly identify / analyze the main risks.
- Formalizes / ensures appropriate formalization of the risk cartographies for all Business Lines/Functions applicable.
- Provide appropriate risk reporting to Management, Committees and others,
- Follow up the implementation of recommendations (internal and external audit, regulatory bodies, etc.) and prepare a status report for the 2OPC Group after their request,
- Establish visibility of the Internal control system status - monitor regular update of procedures, provide an input to improve existing procedures and processes within the operational framework,
- Be involved in the Exceptional Transaction and New Product (TAC / NAC) validation process,
- Prepare / collect information for organizing Internal Control Committee (ICC) and Territory Internal Control Committee (TICC),
- Contribute to Projects where OPC has assigned tasks (GDPR, Protect and Control etc.).
What qualities do we look for?
- University degree, experience from banking (min 3 years)
- Good knowledge of the bank and its activities and products
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of operations and their processing system
- Fluent English language – both spoken and written
- MS Office (word, excel, power point) – advanced level
- Interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate
- Extensive communication skills
- Ability to take a global approach and good sense of risk
- Ability to analyses and be critical
- Responsiveness, initiative
What we offer?
- a competitive remuneration package and flexible benefit package
- diverse product portfolio and complex job functions
- inspiring networking opportunities regionally in Central Europe and internationally within a global Group
- being part of a prestigious, ethical and sustainable global company
- working with a diverse team and belonging to an inclusive community
- market leading trainings, on-the-job training program
- attention to employee well-being and work-life balance
- flexible working environment, with partial home-office opportunity