- The main mission of OPC is to reinforce the Operational Risk & Permanent Control Framework at GBO level, in coordination with the Central OPC, having as primary mission
- Identify, Assess and Measure risks permanently, in order to manage/control them effectively and efficiently
- Minimize operational risk costs for GBO and consequently, for BNP Paribas CIB as a whole
- Guarantee the adequacy of procedures with the process and controls
- Support the Implementation of strategic actions & monitoring their execution
- Contribute to anti-fraud processes
Your Main Activities Are
- Monitor the Operational Risk and follow-up incident’s action plans
- Facilitate short-term resolution of incidents
- Analyse incident reports and propose operational process/procedure changes that would help preventing reoccurrence
- In coordination with GBO Operations team as well as Central OPC , review the resulting action plan defined and follow-up its implementation
- Guarantee the adequacy of procedures with the processes & controls
- Review procedures to ensure all potential underlying risks are duly documented and controls are in place to mitigate the risks
- Make sure the procedures are also reviewed according to the upcoming transformation (TOM, systems changes, among others)
- Input in RISK 360, analyse errors and follow-up audits
- Log, analyse and do the reporting of Operational Incidents. Follow-up of agreed actions linked to Operational Incidents in order to ensure Incident closure
- Reinforce GBO Control Framework
- In line with Risk Cartography and GCP
- Support the development and maintenance of new controls (1A/1B/1C)
- Ensure that GBO controls are properly and exhaustively mapped in ORUS
- Contribute to risk cartographies implementation (RCSA)
- Act as a “watch tower” to guarantee that the proper level 1 controls are in place
- Contribute to anti-fraud processes
- Be an escalation point within GBO in case of Fraud suspicion or fraud attempt. Escalate to PCMOL GEO management in case of major incident
- Contribute with the local OPC for Non-Operational Risk declaration in Risk360 tool
- Consolidate reporting to Management of all incidents and results of controls executed. Contribute to the realization of the Key Performance Indicators. Gather data and prepare documents to produce monthly and ad hoc reports
- 1C level of controls
- Perform 1C level control reviews in accordance with the annual Policy and Controls action plan and ensure follow-up of recommendations
- Users Rights Management
- Roll-out periodical control on Users Rights Management in order to ensure adequacy between Rights granted and roles and raise to Management any situation requiring adjustments
Profile and skills to success
- Position should comprise the perfect balance between team mix, technical competencies, expertise on operational processes, audit skills and knowledge of Payment & Cash Management/Credit environment
- Control, process and risk-oriented profile with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- Proactive and willing to absorb new concepts
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with various interlocutors, from various departments
- Significant knowledge of processes, good expertise on the operational value chain
- Tools: Ms Office and tools involved in Risk Monitoring & Control
About the team
- Main contributions
- Creation of a more risk focused culture within GBO
- Efficient use of resources
- Promote and support the control maintenance
- Implementation of a standardized risk reporting
- Contribute to GBO external communication (enhancing the awareness of risk near GBO teams and presenting the pursued plans of action to cope those risks)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.